• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England 2017

The Ginger Nuts have bailed us out again!

Looking good now at 187-5 (232 lead)

Never in doubt... :smile:

This winter looks like being the one where Ben Stokes comes of age as a consistently quality international cricketer. He's been superb on this tour so far.

Have to agree Museshrimper, this looks like the making of the man.
Reminds me of a young Botham, you get excited when he comes into play either Batting or Bowling

Problem is the gutter press will build him up and knock him straight down ,when things go wrong, lets hope he has a strong team when the wolves turn on him

171-1 to 220 all out! :thumbsup:

An eventful day it seems.

England's top order problems remain.

Duckett has a top score in tests of just 15 but is ahead of both Cook and Ballance in the averages with one innings remaining of this series.

Should have played Hameed and dropped Duckett down to number 4, right from the start of this series.

Should have played Hameed and dropped Duckett down to number 4, right from the start of this series.

And left Finn to carry the drinks. His very average bowling allowed them to get a flyer in both innings.

fair play Bangladesh, we are pretty poor at the moment

I'm not sure we are poor, Bangladesh are a team that is just getting better and better I always thought this series would be a challenge. Especially in sub continent conditions. I thought 2-1 and it's 1-1 with one to play. India will be tough!

The only reason England were the first major team to get beaten by Bangladesh is the others won't play them. Australia would have been whitewashed last year if they didn't refuse to go - just look at how they went versus an inferior Sri Lanka.

An ODI series win and a test draw is a good result, especially with all of the new players we had in both squads.

Think this surely has to be the end of Ballance's test career for the forseeable. Its tough for new guys coming in and playing their first international series' on spinning wickets but would expect to see Hamed come in and Duckett down to 3/4. Our lack of anything coming close to a good spinner, whilst not a massive surprise is a worry and shows how much we miss Swan.

The only reason England were the first major team to get beaten by Bangladesh is the others won't play them. Australia would have been whitewashed last year if they didn't refuse to go - just look at how they went versus an inferior Sri Lanka.

An ODI series win and a test draw is a good result, especially with all of the new players we had in both squads.

YES, totally agree! With Bangladesh's test ranking nobody wants to go there and play them because if they win they gain little ranking points and if they lose the lose a lot! Everyone in world cricket knows Bangladesh are a decent team these days.

Must admit I thought it was a 3 test series not a 2 test series, ignore my last post

Back