• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm talking on the international front. National level doesn't come into it

What is so difficult in international football that means that he can't do it at that level? If Walcott can do it against Chelsea and Barcelona then he can certainly do it against Ukraine and Macedonia.

What is so difficult in international football that means that he can't do it at that level? If Walcott can do it against Chelsea and Barcelona then he can certainly do it against Ukraine and Macedonia.

He doesn't though does he. He is an impact sub for England and that's how he works best

I don't think that's fair on Walcott who started most games in the qualifying campaign and was a big reason behind us qualifying with ease. Also set up at least one of the goals in the draw at Montenegro which secured qualification, if I remember rightly.

Which particular international performances of his are you taking umbrage with? Because, Scott Parker aside, I'm struggling to think of too many England players who don't have more mediocre appearences for their country than they have good ones. The Captain certainly does, as does the returning hero Rooney.

I'd start Milner against Ukraine because he does more defensively and we don't need to win the game, but generally Walcott would be one of the first names on the teamsheet for me. The lad is quality.

Nonsense. That's such a lazy criticism. Theo Walcott was the top English player in the Premier League last season in terms of assists and only Bale, Van der Vaart, Lampard and Dempsey scored more goals from midfield than he did. He makes mistakes because he doesn't hide from the ball but even when he's playing poorly he still typically creates a couple of chances each game for his team.

This is quite right. Also he scored 9 goals and provided 9 assists in the previous season as well from just 19 games. I think he gets criticised just because when soemthing goes wrong it just looks really bad. But he always puts himself in the positions and can actually finish brilliantly as well as having pace.

Back