• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Cricket India Tour

What on earth was Baristow doing first ball? I mean the next ball wasn't great either, but you've just lost a wicket. I know I'll have a sweep ?

I can half see Bairstows thinking, the point being if you stand back on this track your dead,23 wickets down and still no tea insight on 2nd day,part time bowler takes 5 wkts,i love spin as much as the next person but this all to much.

I can half see Bairstows thinking, the point being if you stand back on this track your dead,23 wickets down and still no tea insight on 2nd day,part time bowler takes 5 wkts,i love spin as much as the next person but this all to much.

I completely agree, the pitch is a dust bowl!

Haven't watched much but a stat I just heard at the end of the England second innings was that 127 runs had been scored in the day but 17 wickets had fallen, an average of 7.47. Doesn't, on the face of it, look like a balanced test between bat and ball...

Another stat I've just seen:-

"If India score the 49 they need in under 12.4 overs (including the two already bowled), this will be the shortest completed Test since the Second World War."

I would be a bit peed if I'd travelled 18 hours and spent thousands to watch that tripe.

The Indian Cricket Board have prepared a new Cricket pitch for their next test against England after complaints about the recent very dry and dusty red clay pitch at the new Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.

The ICB have now confirmed a new pitch has now been prepared for the next test which is now being heavily watered.

Wet Pitch.png

Whilst Channel 4 coverage of this Test series has been mostly spot on,can they not see Swans persistent me myself i behaviour is starting to grind a little,yes we know he was a great spin bowler but stop making love to yourself in front of the microphone for Gawd sake and concentrate on the match,rant over.

Whilst Channel 4 coverage of this Test series has been mostly spot on,can they not see Swans persistent me myself i behaviour is starting to grind a little,yes we know he was a great spin bowler but stop making love to yourself in front of the microphone for Gawd sake and concentrate on the match,rant over.

I agree - If you didnt know Swann, you'd think from the way he talked/commentated he got 10,000 test runs batting at 3, was better than collingwood in the field whilst being the best spin bowler in the world.

Ricky Pant has taken the game away from England. Take a bow young man.

I agree - If you didnt know Swann, you'd think from the way he talked/commentated he got 10,000 test runs batting at 3, was better than collingwood in the field whilst being the best spin bowler in the world.

And this is the guy who bailed out and announced his retirement from test cricket half way through a battering down under

I bumped into a certain Mr Swann in a hotel breakfast room on an overseas tour

Just seen that Eoin Morgan wants turning pitches in this T20 series so we can get a bit of practice before the World Cup. Great captain and once again he has his eyes on the prize
Got great batting talent in Hales & Malan vying to get into the side.

Back