• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come off it. It's not UEFA who makes a big thing about English violence so much as the English media. I don't think UEFA have actually done anything to England since Heysel. A few paltry fines here and there maybe but they are a drop in the ocean for the FA.

Platini has hated us ever since he played that night at the Heysel. Probably why we don' get a world cup and why we have had some corrupt refereeing decisions on the few occasions we have been playing well in a tournament.

Platini has hated us ever since he played that night at the Heysel. Probably why we don' get a world cup and why we have had some corrupt refereeing decisions on the few occasions we have been playing well in a tournament.

World Cups are FIFA not UEFA

In Bordeaux last Saturday, fans were getting sun cream confiscated before going in to the stadium. Given Wales were playing, this was probably a violation of their human rights, but I digress.

Point is - how on earth are people able to get flares in to the grounds? Seems the authorities are not being consistent with their approach

And as for England - the dicks will find trouble. A few unfortunates will be in the wrong place at the wrong time and get caught in the crossfire. Most, like me, will look back on their time in a beautiful country having not seen a spot of bother and with some wonderful memories

Presumably the Wales fans weren't trying to smuggle their sun cream in, they just didn't realise it was banned and so were holding it out in the open for security to see. If they'd wanted to I suspect they would have been able to hide it as easily as a flare.

Presumably the Wales fans weren't trying to smuggle their sun cream in, they just didn't realise it was banned and so were holding it out in the open for security to see. If they'd wanted to I suspect they would have been able to hide it as easily as a flare.

People weren't asked to empty their pockets at first. It was all pat downs, like you get at airport security if you go 'beep'.

Where there's a will, there's a way, I guess...

It's not England so UEFA won't make a big thing of it

Remains to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised. The ground security has been a joke. For a country on high alert they aren't being very alert at all.

There willl be a discussion about the incidents first thing tomorrow morning and I'm sure Croatia will be heavily fined and also warned as to their fans future conduct inside Euro stadiums..

That's more to do with FIFA corruption, and the amount countries like Germany and SA paid in bribes.

The mind boggles at what Russia must of paid then.

Putin didn't even turn up to the vote. Given how most leaders do, and go hell for leather with the last minute lobbying, much like Blair and the Olympics (he's widely credited with being the reason London nicked the vote from the favourites, Paris), the fact that he didn't even turn up tells me he knew it was in the bag.

It was such a shame that all the Russian bid team's computers corrupted at the same time.

Putin didn't even turn up to the vote. Given how most leaders do, and go hell for leather with the last minute lobbying, much like Blair and the Olympics (he's widely credited with being the reason London nicked the vote from the favourites, Paris), the fact that he didn't even turn up tells me he knew it was in the bag.

It was such a shame that all the Russian bid team's computers corrupted at the same time.

Clearly we should boycott the next two world cups as both countries are not fit or worthy of such an important sporting event.

Be great if the players actually lead the way because it would be the end of THIEFA

Some Spain fans were nicked yesterday trying to take flares into the ground, appears to be a lack of consistency at different grounds

I tbought the reason Paris got tipped was because of constant industrial action by the unions, or at least the threat of it. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

I tbought the reason Paris got tipped was because of constant industrial action by the unions, or at least the threat of it. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge.

Certainly the French were annoyed that Chirac only turned up for the actual presentation and vote, and wanted him to do what Blair did:

BBC

This is even more interesting:

Also BBC

Having initially taken time to decide whether to back a bid, Tony Blair and company went into the campaign fully committed.

Blair, who spoke at the official bid launch, was the only leader of the five to attend the Athens Olympics and lobbied in Singapore despite his G8 commitments.

His presence at such a crucial time is thought to have personally swayed key voters.

Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell, who is in line to be the Olympics minister, worked hard at local level...

...Blair took a gamble by flying to Singapore, and glad-handed an estimated 30 IOC members himself.

Meanwhile, his French counterpart Jacques Chirac laid into British and Finnish food.

Chirac was left eating his words. And one suspects revenge may have been sweet for the two delegates from Finland, whose votes will have been important in a tight contest.

Certainly the French were annoyed that Chirac only turned up for the actual presentation and vote, and wanted him to do what Blair did:

BBC

This is even more interesting:

Also BBC

I'm off to Finland in September, I'll let you know if Chirac was on to something with the food, although I will leave you with one word.........snails.

I'm off to Finland in September, I'll let you know if Chirac was on to something with the food, although I will leave you with one word.........snails.

Also, €12 pints.

Ok, most of the beer I drank in Paris was around the €5/6 mark, but the last beer on Thursday night - AND I REALLY WANTED A BEER - was the most expensive single pint (half litre) I've ever had.

Back