• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England in India

After getting mauled in the first match on Friday we needed a strong start today as we attempt to level the series

Cook 0 from 4 balls and Kieswetter 0 from 5 balls left us 0/2 after 2 overs wasn't quite what the doctor ordered .. Jonathan Trott counter attacked to good effect but has just gone for 34 from 37 balls England 48/3 off 10 with KP being joined by Ravi

India 183/2 chasing 237 which is par for the ground in recent ODIs .. they still have 20 overs left so will **** this

I see a reverse whitewash (brownwash??) after the one sided series over here in the late summer

India 183/2 chasing 237 which is par for the ground in recent ODIs .. they still have 20 overs left so will **** this

I see a reverse whitewash (brownwash??) after the one sided series over here in the late summer

Lol. Brownwash makes me think of the infamous tubgirl. Do not google if at work/easily offended

Its amazing how quiet these threads are when England are struggling

We lost today by not being able to defend 298 .. Bresnan showed an uncanny ability to bowl on the batsmens pads with fine leg inside the circle while Dernbach was spraying the ball with impunity from the other end

The summer series seems an awful long time ago now

Its amazing how quiet these threads are when England are struggling

We lost today by not being able to defend 298 .. Bresnan showed an uncanny ability to bowl on the batsmens pads with fine leg inside the circle while Dernbach was spraying the ball with impunity from the other end

The summer series seems an awful long time ago now

Nah, it's because it's a moribund format. Would be a lot more interest if it was a test series instead of a crappy one-day series.

Agree YB, it has barely any more interest than a pre-season football tour. Its good for some of our players to play in Indian conditions as we play a test series there next year, but the 50 over stuff unless it is a World Cup, holds very little interest for me.

In fact I am more interested in the thrashing Pakistan are giving Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi, given we play Pakistan in a few months time and when they are in the mood (and trying to win) they can be a very dangerous side, and our defeat there in 2005 really knocked us back off track after the ashes of that year.....plus we then play Sri Lanka and winning there (even though a mediocre team like Australia have done it recently) will be a good feather in our cap....

And there is too much international cricket, and we have just played India! Saying that I've had it on in the morning this week before going to work, bit unlucky to lose yesterday.

Agree YB, it has barely any more interest than a pre-season football tour. Its good for some of our players to play in Indian conditions as we play a test series there next year, but the 50 over stuff unless it is a World Cup, holds very little interest for me.

In fact I am more interested in the thrashing Pakistan are giving Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi, given we play Pakistan in a few months time and when they are in the mood (and trying to win) they can be a very dangerous side, and our defeat there in 2005 really knocked us back off track after the ashes of that year.....plus we then play Sri Lanka and winning there (even though a mediocre team like Australia have done it recently) will be a good feather in our cap....

I think the big Pakistan contest at the moment is R v Butt, Amir and Asif. Cricinfo have had some very good coverage on this, with usually three articles a day. It's far more revealing on international cricket than cricketers' autobiographies.

That said, I've half an eye on the Sri Lanka and Pakistan contest which will inform my holiday plans for this winter. Anyone know what Dubai/Abu Dhabi are like in January/February?

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY

Not saying we'll win but its a relief to see England compete for the first time in the series

120/0 off 19 chasing 272

The Indian lads in the office seem a lot keener on cricket chat right now than they did back in August...

Back