• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England in India

133-4 this morning with Cooky out for 1. Not going to be so easy this one me thinks. Need KP to step up.

Me and my big mouth. All is not lost however. Still two frontline batsman in. And let's see how we get on with the ball.

What is interesting is everyone in uproar on twitter. Seems that cook was wrongly judged out and people are moaning about the lack of DRS however he should have been out at least twice in previous games and escaped.

If not, they are as good as into the tail with Bresnans (why on earth did we select him!!) current form.

Broad and Finn injured, what other options did we have? As an aside, what on earth has happened to poor old Chris Tremlett?

Moved to a new desk this week, with no telly. The horror. :'(

Assume Tremlett must still be working his way back from injury? He'd be in the team for sure if he was bowling like he did in the Ashes.

Broad and Finn injured, what other options did we have? As an aside, what on earth has happened to poor old Chris Tremlett?

Moved to a new desk this week, with no telly. The horror. :'(

I have my back to the TV in my office :sad:

Tremlett is 31, with the injury issues he's had I suspect the selectors are turning their eye to younger options given that Anderson, Broad and Finn are pretty much given selections (even if Broad seems to be struggling and Finn has injury issues of his own). I'm sure he'll get his chance again though.

I would imagine tall powerful bowlers like Tremlett, Flintoff etc run the greatest risk of early retirement due to all the effort and weight that goes into the legs and specifically the joints.....

Real shame though as Tremlett absolutely terrorized the Aussies in the last Ashes.....

I remember seeing a slo-mo of Flintoff's action and the jarring his knee took every time was huge, it's no wonder his body couldn't cope anymore.

like having a train coming towards you!
[video=youtube;R3gxLnZnz1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gxLnZnz1w[/video]

Back