• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England in India

MrB

Life President
This made me chuckle on Cricinfo:

74.1 Anderson to Tendulkar, OUT, edged and what a catch! What a take down low with one hand and straight after drinks Tendulkar falls. It was a length ball that just shaped away from off stump, Tendulkar only came half-forward and got a healthy edge which flew down low to Prior's right, he got down quickly and claimed a beauty

SR Tendulkar c †Prior b Anderson 76 (155b 13x4 0x6) SR: 49.03

End of over 74 (7 runs) India 230/5
MS Dhoni 6* (15b 1x4) MS Panesar 29-11-63-2
SR Tendulkar 76* (154b 13x4) JM Anderson 17-4-56-1

Time for drinks. With Tendulkar looking nailed on for a hundred (yep, I said it), I'm going to hand the buck over to Alex. Ta ra

73.6 Panesar to Dhoni, no run, pushed through on the stumps and defended

Brilliant!

A fantastic start to this test for England, India's last 3 1st innings scores in Calcutta have all be declarations over 600 apparently.

These cricket threads remind me of Harry:sad:

Good to see Jimmy get a few wickets today! We have played really well after getting spanked in the first test hopefully we can polish them off in the morning and Captain Cook can do what he does best!

Good to see Jimmy get a few wickets today! We have played really well after getting spanked in the first test hopefully we can polish them off in the morning and Captain Cook can do what he does best!

Sail a ship to Australia?!

138-0, Cook closing in on his 5th century in 5 Test as skipper will also give him the record for most centuries!

Just seen this on TMS-

A bit more on that Cook record for you. He's the first 27-year-old to reach 7,000 Test runs. The great Sachin Tendulkar was 28, Graeme Smith and Jacques Kallis both 29. The England skip celebrates by pushing back an Ashwin maiden.

:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

138-0, Cook closing in on his 5th century in 5 Test as skipper will also give him the record for most centuries!

Just seen this on TMS-

A bit more on that Cook record for you. He's the first 27-year-old to reach 7,000 Test runs. The great Sachin Tendulkar was 28, Graeme Smith and Jacques Kallis both 29. The England skip celebrates by pushing back an Ashwin maiden.

:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

And now the first Englishman to notch 23 Test match centuries. Average of a tick over 50 as well.

:Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

170 lead at the moment, get it up to around 250 happy days!

Yep 4 overs to see out and then a quick knock to put another 80 on tomorrow would be perfect.

Mate has just offered me a pair of Ashes tickets at the Durham test (second day). £80 each though which is pretty pricey.

Yep 4 overs to see out and then a quick knock to put another 80 on tomorrow would be perfect.

Mate has just offered me a pair of Ashes tickets at the Durham test (second day). £80 each though which is pretty pricey.

That's what they cost.

England does seem fairly expensive to watch cricket. Watched the last ashes test at the WACA and it cost around 40 pounds and you can get it cheaper if you don't mind sitting in the general admission alcohol free bit. I believe it's also a lot lot cheaper in South Africa

Back