• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England in Sri Lanka and West Indies

As long as they beat 70 odd all out? I do get a bad feeling about this series though. Hope I'm wrong.

Time to get back to basics on how to bat and how to bowl. If necessary, field one side suited to the hit-and-run game and another side who understand (and can play) the more technical test match standard over five days. It's patently obvious our players cannot cope with both formats of the game.

Tea - England are 172 for 6

Bairstow lbw b Roach 52
Moeen not out 55
Foakes not out 32

Update

England 187 all out

The cricket is on a par with the England rugby team, touted as world-beaters and a / the leading nation but when it comes to producing the results that count it's the same old story every time. At least with our national football team most people's expectations are kept at more realistic levels.

A lot is with preparation and I do not think we treated this with respect as we will do come Ashes or maybe SA/India

Happy to get beaten, if it means focus on coming series, but saying that I have not forked out a shed loads of cash to watch them live, only on Sky

Decent fight back but Windies now edging a lead and on this pitch every run is priceless.
Take points about preparation but it’s been this way for years now due to international schedules and various T20 tournaments, I don’t see a easy way around it otherwise they would have done it by now.

The prevalence of so many one-day / limited-over games is killing 5-day cricket. The hit-and-run stuff is not the right preparation for test matches and never will be. Seems very other week there’s a so-called ODI, never used to be like that.

Nothing will change whilst money Is being pumped into the one day game, hence we have 20 over and 40 over variations and recent proposals for yet another format to be introduced. Test cricket is suffering badly.

Last edited:
Back