• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Nations League

southendkid

Director⭐
It's not too often I can say Southend played more attractive football than England but that was the case today, hopefully the players are just lethargic because the season hasn't started yet because that was worryingly similar to the dire football we played under Hodgson. Whilst we had a goal ruled out incorrectly early on there's no way we should need to rely on a dodgy 90th minute penalty to beat Iceland.

It's not too often I can say Southend played more attractive football than England but that was the case today, hopefully the players are just lethargic because the season hasn't started yet because that was worryingly similar to the dire football we played under Hodgson. Whilst we had a goal ruled out incorrectly early on there's no way we should need to rely on a dodgy 90th minute penalty to beat Iceland.

Didn't know it was on .Saw the first half of Germany v Spain the other night.Internationals without fans are boring.

I no longer follow international football.....Reading the thread title I was expecting the start of a new far right group

I no longer follow international football.....Reading the thread title I was expecting the start of a new far right group

Ha! One article I read -think it must have been in the Grauniad,compared the European Nations League to the return of National Service.No, I didn't quite see the connection either.

Same for me, the over paid prem chumps do NOT represent me, nor do they have any pull on my nationalistic emotions.They are remote, detached and largely mercenary poor role models getting over paid and cosseted living a dream existence while moaning and misbehaving in the manner of pre teen children of the wrong sort.

Same for me, the over paid prem chumps do NOT represent me, nor do they have any pull on my nationalistic emotions.They are remote, detached and largely mercenary poor role models getting over paid and cosseted living a dream existence while moaning and misbehaving in the manner of pre teen children of the wrong sort.

Apart from Marcus Rashford of course.

I forgot they were playing... Seems Southgate has slipped into the old habit that many England managers have in the past which is picking favourites. How the hell is Eric Dier starting at centre-back ahead of Coady, Dunk, Tarkowski, Mings? Why is Alexander-Arnold not first-choice right-back? And Pope deserves a run in goal ahead of Pickford. The new kit is quite nice though :Smile:

Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden are returning to the UK after breaking Coronavirus protocols in Iceland.

Very dodgy penalty, but then so was the one up the other end. I think Southgate said before the match that the squad isn't fit and it really showed. They were slow and laboured in their build up play. I think against a team that play with the entire team behind the ball you have to allow them to come on to you and hit them on the counter attack. For me that's about the only way of breaking a team like that down. Slow and patient build up play is all well and good but I think we need to show we can play at a faster pace when needed, and personally I think it was needed on Saturday.

However, the whole game would have been different had the officials not wrongly disallowed our goal early on. If that had counted then Iceland would have had to come at us, but the longer the game went on the deeper they seemed to drop, even though we were down to 10 men.

The game tomorrow night will be interesting because I think Denmark are more likely to actually attack so we might see a better match.

Mason Greenwood and Phil Foden are returning to the UK after breaking Coronavirus protocols in Iceland.
They are naughty boys, they might not be the brightest lads but I can only guess that they were told the simple rules of the trip (and likely similar to those of their club post covid eurocups) but chose to fall for a taste of honey.
My interest is mainly of if they were set up, entrapped or are there soccer groupies?

Can I safely assume by the lack of interest in this thread, and the unwatched(by me) game v Denmark that the supposedly representative England team is a bit of wet lettuce?

yes,it was another poor game,lets hope it will get better.
Belgium game will be interesting.Played them twice with GS,outplayed twice...maybe third time lucky!!!!

They are naughty boys, they might not be the brightest lads but I can only guess that they were told the simple rules of the trip (and likely similar to those of their club post covid eurocups) but chose to fall for a taste of honey.
My interest is mainly of if they were set up, entrapped or are there soccer groupies?

Obviously the pair of them are led round by their old boys and are as thick as ****,nothing new there,

The way England are playing at present ,it will be a walk in the park for Belgium .

I don’t know how such an exciting young team can be so boring.

think Belgium will win both games sadly,but according to the English press and FA,we will win the next world cup and are second favourites to win Euro 2021 ???
Mind you they did also write Man City are the best team in Europe and are going to win last seasons Champions league and Man Utd were going to win the Europa league.
They must get something correct one day

Back