• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree; it can have benefits such as widening their knowledge base, getting new contacts, etc. There was a lot of bollocks spouted on here about Phil Brown's radio appearances, but I never had a problem with it.
Brown was always full of what he thought he could achieve,but don’t think even he thought he could APPEAR on the radio.

I think it is an excellent idea, finally seems that the FA has started to realise that football isn't all about the Premiership. It has long needed a huge dose of reality, and a shake up to be representative of the diversity in the game at all levels. As in lots of governing bodies, it has for too long been the preserve of balding, middle class, middle aged white men who have grown out of touch with the realities of the football league, and the society it represents, which is no longer white and middle class (ironically it was always a working class spectator sport, but that changed a long time ago). It's not hard to see why the national team hasn't done well, as its pool of talent has been hugely stymied by its own policies of only looking in the Premiership for everything. The football league has a wealth of talent but it has been locked out by the elitism introduced by the FA leadership many years ago. As we know, we have very talented players, but the lack of opportunity for small clubs to make it into the elite without a billionaire backer, the 'banking' of young players in top flight clubs who then don't get into the first teams and spend their early careers in the reserves then find it difficult to adjust to lower league football (think Lapodo and Harrison as prime examples) and the lack of opportunity for league one and two players to have access to the elite facilities, coaches and opportunities.

Having SCP as a part of a new, much more diverse FA set up would hugely benefit us as a club, because that two way transfer of knowledge will benefit the England set up as well as give SCP exposure to the inner workings of the FA. if anyone can break a mould and get change happening quickly, SCP can. I would love him to be a contender for the England job one day, as no-one would deserve that more!

I find it a bit disturbing that the FA plan to make every England team have a FAME coach. I think Chris Houghton has all the attributes to be the next England manager on merit .I am sure he would hate getting in the England setup because of his colour and not his talent. IMHO

From a selfish point of view I'd sooner have him with the u21s - he can get to know a few of the younger players and they can come here on loan! Not sure about all this BAME stuff though. Some might feel they were only there because they ticked the ethnicity box - I think I would if it was me. There again others might not care, as long as they are there.

There’s another big BAME article featuring Chris Powell in The Times today.

Although I see him as a more grounded person I am still concerned that this will have the ‘PB effect’ on Powell and he will lose focus on the job he is currently being paid to do.

A win tomorrow will hopefully disapprove that notion

I find it a bit disturbing that the FA plan to make every England team have a FAME coach. I think Chris Houghton has all the attributes to be the next England manager on merit .I am sure he would hate getting in the England setup because of his colour and not his talent. IMHO

paging Leroy !!

Fame-Tv-Series---Gene-Ant-004.jpg
Gene-Anthony-Ray-as-Leroy-fame-16822239-1200-793.jpg

I'd be hugely disappointed if it was someone like Chris Houghton who was chosen. This should be a work experience scheme for up and coming BAME coaches and managers who haven't yet get their foot on the coaching ladder through lack of opportunity (and BAME candidates do seem to have surprisingly few opportunities).

If it's just picking from the handful of BAME candidates who have already managed to make that breakthrough then it's just a token scheme. The point should be to increase the talent pool of coaches available, not just pick from the existing and highly limited pool.

You missed the bit where all potential candidates have to have an A Licence then?

Back