• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Rugby Union.

England V Fiji in the Rugby World Cup. What a game today. And tonight we have where the winner should come from. France v South Africa. I am sorry to say I can't see this current England side beating either one of them in the Semi-Final. Yes, New Zealand have a chance and have got massively better as the tournament has gone on.

England V Fiji in the Rugby World Cup. What a game today. And tonight we have where the winner should come from. France v South Africa. I am sorry to say I can't see this current England side beating either one of them in the Semi-Final. Yes, New Zealand have a chance and have got massively better as the tournament has gone on.
Twas a good match - bit of a nail biter ending though

I don't watch huge amounts of rugby - I can't decide if both S Africa and France are very good or bad! Both sides seem to be making lots of mistakes, but both are going for it in an attacking sense

I don't watch huge amounts of rugby - I can't decide if both S Africa and France are very good or bad! Both sides seem to be making lots of mistakes, but both are going for it in an attacking sense
I watch a lot of the big games, trust me, they are both very good. Sadly, you will see that when England face South Africa.

It’s been a great tournament so far. It’s been refreshing watching a sport that isn’t being ruined by money unlike football, cricket and golf at the moment. Very wide open tournament as well, close matches and one of a number of teams could win it.

It’s been a great tournament so far. It’s been refreshing watching a sport that isn’t being ruined by money unlike football, cricket and golf at the moment. Very wide open tournament as well, close matches and one of a number of teams could win it.
Try telling that to Worcester or Wasps and Saracens are barely squeaky clean.

In my opinion it will be a South Africa V New Zealand final, and South Africa will win it.

Footballers could learn a lot from rugby players about how to interact with the officials.

It’s been a great tournament with some exciting games. France v SA was on another level to England v Fiji and we will get trounced in the semi barring a miracle. I’m hoping against all hope that we’ll use the siege mentality, underdog spirit and the memory of 2019 to inspire us and SA will have an off day 😅

Absolutely delighted that all of the other home nations have been ousted while the mighty red rose of England endures. We are the only team in the tournament still unbeaten - I think we will surprise the Boks and make the final against the All Blacks. All this talk about Ireland and France being the teams to beat - not this time, nor indeed any time. England will remain as the only northern hemisphere team to win it.

Absolutely delighted that all of the other home nations have been ousted while the mighty red rose of England endures. We are the only team in the tournament still unbeaten - I think we will surprise the Boks and make the final against the All Blacks. All this talk about Ireland and France being the teams to beat - not this time, nor indeed any time. England will remain as the only northern hemisphere team to win it.
All 4 semis were northern hemisphere vs Southern. We were the only northern hemisphere team to win.

We'll have to improve to beat South Africa. They look way ahead of us at the moment. Still, stranger things have happened.

Whatever happens we will remain the only northern hemisphere team to ever win the world cup.

Absolutely thrilled we’ve done how we have. Before the tournament I was quite worried and not expecting much. I was lucky enough to grab ticket to the Scotland 6 nations game earlier in the year and we really didn’t look that good. On to the semis though!

Sorry guys. My heart says England, but my head says South Africa. Sadly, my head always wins on these occasions. South Africa are stronger in every department, as you will see on Saturday. The fast runners, the lineout, the scrum, the attack, the defence. England's best chance is if South Africa get some yellows and a red card. There's been a lot of those due to the high tackle rule.

We’ll get battered by SA but we’ve done far far better than even the most generous England fan would’ve expected!

Losing now is no disgrace all things considered!
I fully agree, however there is, imo, a glimmer of hope in that we have played 2 physical Southern Hemisphere teams which is good preparation for SA. And our discipline has improved.
A good ref and a "fair wind" and who knows?

Hopefully England have more left in the tank after giving everything against South Africa, and they can beat Argentina for 3rd place.
Interesting for The final on Saturday. South Africa are relying on the 60% rain forecast. They are going for a similar scrappy physical game to the England game, and have picked 7 forwards(Basically the heavy guys) and only one back in their subs/replacements. They call it the 7/1. It's normally 5/3. It means they will be looking to out scrum the All Blacks, and may go for the running maul more in the opposition half. Then when the heavy guys get tired, they replace with similar to keep pressure on the New Zealand scrum, and force penalties. They will also kick high more than New Zealand, hoping for mistakes with a wet ball (If it rains). That team has been announced. I expect the All Blacks to pick a side to do what they do best, which is a more running and try scoring game. They will be better at attacking from deep, as they will have more faster runners on the pitch. It makes interesting watching.

Bang-on with your pre-match assessment 👍

A pity the TMO’s throughout the tournament have been so r*ddy useless and inconsistent, very similar to how VAR operates in football.

Back