• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FarmdogSUFC

The Custard Splat - Southend United Fan Podcast
Glad to see Osman has finally been given a chance, at 31 !! Massivley underated. Wilshere doesn't derserve his place IMO, nor does Glen Johnson. The defence looks weak IMO but apart from that a very attack minded squad, that's presumably gonna be asked to defend for 90 minutes. Still better football than under Capello.

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Ryan Bertrand (Chelsea), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Steven Caulker (Tottenham), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham).

Midfielders: Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Leon Osman (Everton), Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Presume this is for a friendly as no Ashley Cole.

Also no Milner or Lescott but I'm not overly bothered about those two.

What's happened to Adam Johnson?

Presume this is for a friendly as no Ashley Cole.

Cole is still injured, so it looks like he'll get his 100th cap against Brazil in the new year. A suitably high profile fixture for an outstanding achievement. Cracking player. And I'm now starting to think that I may go to that game...

Pleased to see Leon Osman in there, likewise Fraser Forster.

I cant remember a time when I was so disinterested in the England team, there is no one in that squad I am excited about seeing.

Very depressing.

On the flip side plenty of youngsters getting a chance...

I cant remember a time when I was so disinterested in the England team, there is no one in that squad I am excited about seeing.

Very depressing.

On the flip side plenty of youngsters getting a chance...

I feel the same as you do but I am still looking forward to my little day trip to Sweden Wednesday for the game + new ground

Shelvey is a poor mans Steven Gerrard, which considering for England that Steven Gerrard tends to play like a poor mans Steven Gerrard, can only be a bad thing!

Wilfried Zaha called up from the Championship. Also Jenkinson from Arsenal.

Seems as if Woy is being canny here and trying to get young players eligible for other countries to commit to England. Playing in a friendly doesn't stop them playing for other countries but involving them is going to make them think twice.

Seems as if Woy is being canny here and trying to get young players eligible for other countries to commit to England. Playing in a friendly doesn't stop them playing for other countries but involving them is going to make them think twice.

Really? How ludicrious is that?

I would've had Jenkinson in my initial squad. His performance in Arsenal's 8-2 drubbing at Old Trafford will follow him for some time yet, but he's been bloody brilliant this season in a position that England's apparent best option is Glen ****ing Johnson.

Zaha I'm not too sure of. There's been plenty of wingers who've shone in the Championship only to make the move up a level and find it infinitely more difficult. There's no doubting his ability and potential, I'm just slightly concerned that for all of his pace and trickery, experienced full-backs might've seen it all before.

Zaha I'm not too sure of. There's been plenty of wingers who've shone in the Championship only to make the move up a level and find it infinitely more difficult. There's no doubting his ability and potential, I'm just slightly concerned that for all of his pace and trickery, experienced full-backs might've seen it all before.

The Racing Post editor (Bruce Millington) is a Palace fan and usually quite downbeat about their prospects and indeed their players. But he has been absolutely buzzing about Zaha for a while now - "best Palace player I have seen in my 40 years supporting the club".

Given that they've had the likes of Peter Taylor, Ian Wright, Nigel Martyn, Victor Moses* etc over the years, that's some praise. Haven't seen anything other than highlight reels of him myself, so couldn't comment myself.

*And a morbidly obese Tomas Brolin

the racing post editor (bruce millington) is a palace fan and usually quite downbeat about their prospects and indeed their players. But he has been absolutely buzzing about zaha for a while now - "best palace player i have seen in my 40 years supporting the club".

Given that they've had the likes of peter taylor, ian wright, nigel martyn, victor moses* etc over the years, that's some praise. Haven't seen anything other than highlight reels of him myself, so couldn't comment myself.

*and a morbidly obese tomas brolin

and STANLEY VICTOR COLLYMORE!

Zaha is genuinely special, if there was ever any chance of him playing for ivory coast then we simply had to jump on it and get him involved, there are some players who are 'tipped' for big things this boy is more in the rooney/owen/gerrard mould as in he is 'the next big thing' in january there will be some big clubs moving for him.

Back