• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England Team V Spain

SUFCStu

President
England squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City), David James (Portsmouth).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Man City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Luke Young (Villa).

Midfielders: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Gareth Barry (Villa), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City), Ashley Young (Villa).

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Villa), Carlton Cole (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Villa).

That is a bit of a different squad! I am not hot on injuries but where is Wayne Rooney?

Got a minor injury I think. To be fair the only real change is up top, and I can't think of any reason why any of those shouldn't be there (except maybe Milner).

Are you serious about Milner? Have you not seen Aston Villa play recently? The boy is mustard. He has to be one of the most under-rated players in this country.

Doesn't really matter who they put out.They're gonna lose bigtime.Spain are currently the best International team on the planet.
I'll be pleased with a good performance rather than a result.

The away team won at the Sanchez Pizjuan last night (the mighty Real Betis) and indeed a coupe of weeks ago (Racing Santander). Time to make it three in a row England.

Looks like an experimental team, which is precisely what it should be for a meaningless mid-season friendly.

The away team won at the Sanchez Pizjuan last night (the mighty Real Betis) and indeed a coupe of weeks ago (Racing Santander). Time to make it three in a row England.

:nope:

Sevilla are due to play at Espanyol next Sunday.
I'll be there praying for a rare home win (last one was against Ossasuna back in November).
Frankly though I think Ingerlan have a better chance of a result(ie no chance at all):-(

Last edited:
:nope:

Sevilla are due to play at Espanyol next Sunday.
I'll be there praying for a rare home win (last one was against Ossasuna back in November).
Frankly though I think Ingerlan have a better chance of a result(ie no chance at all):-(

Last night's win for Betis has just got me dizzy with optimism.

I too hope Espanyol win next weekend!

----------Green--------

----Jagielka---Terry----
Johnson----------A.Cole

----Barry---Carrick------
Beckham--Young--Milner

------Agbonlahor-------

i think/ hope

Would love for Becks to get that 106th cap to equal Bobby Moore. Captains from different eras but both quality professionals

England squad:

Goalkeepers: Robert Green (West Ham), Joe Hart (Man City), David James (Portsmouth).

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Man City), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Luke Young (Villa).

Midfielders: David Beckham (LA Galaxy), Gareth Barry (Villa), Michael Carrick (Man Utd), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Villa), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Man City), Ashley Young (Villa).

Forwards: Gabriel Agbonlahor (Villa), Carlton Cole (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Villa).
For me it's gotta be:
Green

Johnson Ferdinand Terry Cole

Beckham Carrick Barry Young

Agbonlahor Heskey​

Back