• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England tour of West Indies

48-4. Same ****. Probably keep the same batsmen but replace the bowlers in the next game...

I wonder if Root will be sacked or step down after this. Those calling the sack though cannot think of an alternative. I have heard Rory Burns been touted as the next one. Rory Burns! Can't even hold a place in the team. Very sad state of affairs.

I bet Shane Warne is grinning up there.

Funny how panic turns to sheer enjoyment watching us play
We must learn to play the game again over 5 days, if we need to rebuild then against a team like West Indies is ideal situation

Openers under a lot of pressure, similar when Gooch played and got a king pair and looked what happened to him

Personally glad Anderson not there and Broad, both great servants, but now time to move on before they are totally knackered and we have no one in to replace them, lets be honest if they couldn't manage the test series in Oz, what chance when the reverse fixture comes around

Think Root will be a good captain, but that's my opinion, his dismissal well if it had missed top stump we would be saying good judgement, such a fine line being an armchair fan
Huge fan of JB and glad he got the ton, similar Woakes very under rated whilst A & B were the deadly duo, now time to step up to the plate

Funny how panic turns to sheer enjoyment watching us play
We must learn to play the game again over 5 days, if we need to rebuild then against a team like West Indies is ideal situation

Openers under a lot of pressure, similar when Gooch played and got a king pair and looked what happened to him

Personally glad Anderson not there and Broad, both great servants, but now time to move on before they are totally knackered and we have no one in to replace them, lets be honest if they couldn't manage the test series in Oz, what chance when the reverse fixture comes around

Think Root will be a good captain, but that's my opinion, his dismissal well if it had missed top stump we would be saying good judgement, such a fine line being an armchair fan
Huge fan of JB and glad he got the ton, similar Woakes very under rated whilst A & B were the deadly duo, now time to step up to the plate
Nice post Dave,agree with nearly all of it apart from Roots roll as skips, to me his major strength is with the willow,but there lies the problem,who would lead the side if he falls on the sword maybe Morgan or Butler,it is a problem i know,anyway can the boys push on to 300+today yes please.

I suppose if Root fails in WI then he will then have no option to step down, as for who to replace him, perhaps like Australia in 1977 they brought back golden oldie Bobby Simpson to captain the team whilst a new long term was found
Not sure which oldies we have playing that could do the job and be a good asset to the team
Just as I finish England all out 311

I suppose if Root fails in WI then he will then have no option to step down, as for who to replace him, perhaps like Australia in 1977 they brought back golden oldie Bobby Simpson to captain the team whilst a new long term was found
Not sure which oldies we have playing that could do the job and be a good asset to the team
Just as I finish England all out 311
Chef?:Worthy:

Maybe 25 overs at 20-20 tempo then chuck them in to have a bash, i think 280 would tempt them,just a thought.

Not saying your wrong , but this is a problem it’s a 5 test match and not let’s get xxx score and put them in, imagine if 280 was set and they got them can you imagine the uproar !!
Personal feeling bat on give Lawrence a chance to bat for 70 overs and get a feel of a test match not an ODI bash, let Crawley see if he can concentrate for a day and get 300, gives our bowlers a rest as seems we down to bones if Wood doesn’t recover
Not a knock at your post

Not saying your wrong , but this is a problem it’s a 5 test match and not let’s get xxx score and put them in, imagine if 280 was set and they got them can you imagine the uproar !!
Personal feeling bat on give Lawrence a chance to bat for 70 overs and get a feel of a test match not an ODI bash, let Crawley see if he can concentrate for a day and get 300, gives our bowlers a rest as seems we down to bones if Wood doesn’t recover
Not a knock at your post
I take your point D and thats Test cricket, it's a do we go for glory or wait for the next Test and bat out, just different views that's all,probaly why we love red ball. Come on England!!!

Not a knock at your post
did you mean 5 days or 5 tests ?

Back