• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England tour of West Indies

The best England partnership for the last pair since 1885,wonderful to watch,shame about some of the others,we need early wickets with the new ball,i won't hold my breath though.

All a bit of a shambles. There really is only Root, Stokes and Foukes who should be guaranteed starters.

First test squad under the new regime and no spinner in sight :Angry:

If honest disappointed both Anderson and Broad recalled, would have thought time to give the newbies a shot at test match level, cannot be playing a better team at the moment in Kiwis for testing their skills

Time to move on for Anderson/Broad maybe a coaching role, but not in my view progressive for the future of playing
On that note I hope they get five wicket hauls and start the new era with a bang

If honest disappointed both Anderson and Broad recalled, would have thought time to give the newbies a shot at test match level, cannot be playing a better team at the moment in Kiwis for testing their skills

Time to move on for Anderson/Broad maybe a coaching role, but not in my view progressive for the future of playing
On that note I hope they get five wicket hauls and start the new era with a bang
Trouble is who do you bring in for Anderson and Broad?

Everyone is injured: Wood, Archer, Woakes, Stone, Mahmood, Fisher, Norwell etc

Anderson and Broad are basically the last two standing. It may have been different if just one of the above had been fit!

Anderson and Broad are basically the last two standing. It may have been different if just one of the above had been fit!
That's a pretty impressive list of sick note bowlers.

Nathan Gilchrist and Sam Cook to blood just my opinion to name two off top of my head
It’s a bit like signing Liam Ridgewell , looks good on paper but how long before injuries happen

Nathan Gilchrist and Sam Cook to blood just my opinion to name two off top of my head
It’s a bit like signing Liam Ridgewell , looks good on paper but how long before injuries happen
I thought Nathan Gilchrist was a Saffer or Aussie? I don’t think I’ve seen him play yet. I believe many years back there was a fearsome West Indian quick called Roy Gilchrist. England could do with someone like him.

In ordinary circumstances I wouldn’t be advocating picking both Anderson and Broad but I’m genuinely scratching my head trying to come up with options other than Cook (who I don’t think would let England down). I’ll be more concerned if they are still picking both by the end of the season.
the injuries have already happened!

I thought Nathan Gilchrist was a Saffer or Aussie? I don’t think I’ve seen him play yet. I believe many years back there was a fearsome West Indian quick called Roy Gilchrist. England could do with someone like him.

In ordinary circumstances I wouldn’t be advocating picking both Anderson and Broad but I’m genuinely scratching my head trying to come up with options other than Cook (who I don’t think would let England down). I’ll be more concerned if they are still picking both by the end of the season.
the injuries have already happened!

Gilchrist born Zimbabwean but can play for us, according to my Kent friend who rates him highly , thinks if he was playing for one of the “ Big boys” he would have been capped

Gilchrist born Zimbabwean but can play for us, according to my Kent friend who rates him highly , thinks if he was playing for one of the “ Big boys” he would have been capped

Maybe if he was actually playing for one of the minnows more he’d get noticed?

He’s only played 15fc matches.

Is another one currently injured.

Back