• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Colombia

well its TRUTH time now.
After all the happy feelings and hype,we have got to win.
My tip was before(like many others) Q/F,thats ok, but if we go out today its going to be seen as another England faiure,which IMO it will be.
But expecting us to win,by a goal or two,but im still worried about getting at our defence and not scoring enough through open play. Should be ok,as lomg as we dont have bad luck AGAIN

well its TRUTH time now.
After all the happy feelings and hype,we have got to win.
My tip was before(like many others) Q/F,thats ok, but if we go out today its going to be seen as another England faiure,which IMO it will be.
But expecting us to win,by a goal or two,but im still worried about getting at our defence and not scoring enough through open play. Should be ok,as lomg as we dont have bad luck AGAIN
Spot on Ozzie. Only different view I take is on the scoring from open play piece. For me, it's more than outweighed by our excellence at set pieces. The previous challenges we have (as all the front-foot teams seem to be having) is the 11 men the more defensive teams put behind the ball and the difficulty we have breaking them down. On that basis, the ability to unlock something from a set-piece is critical and we seem to be damn good at it.

On that basis, I predict a win with goals coming from open play and a set piece this time.

A tough game for sure against a largely Colombian crowd. Were James playing from the start and without injury, it might be more of a concern.

Last edited:
I think we have to come out all guns blazing, get that early goal, and force Columbia to open up. I expect Rodriguez won't start, but will come off the bench if they're behind at half time. I'm going 3-1 England, and hoping for some more of the exciting end-to-end stuff in the second half that we got last night.

Is it me or is the time really dragging..... I wish they would just kick off already.

Apparently we are playing in an all red kit tonight, and it's the same starting 11 as when we played Tunisia.....so meaning....

Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire; Trippier, Henderson, Alli, Lingard, Young; Kane, Sterling

DhMiqnEWkAEs2jS

Good controlled half England. Keep playing like that and the chances will come. We certainly were the better side in that half. Only slight criticism, I would like Sterling to produce more telling passes rather than try and dance through the Colombian defence. Will Ali start the second half?

Ali looks a doubt, if he isn't changed at half time, I would imagine he will be subbed around the 60 minutes.

Colombia did nothing, and can't keep up to our possession and fast tempo of the game. They should have been down to 10 men in all honesty.

Sterling looks like he has stage fright as usual. Will probably see Rashford at some point,

All being said, we never make it easy. So I think it will go to extra time.

Back