• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Convicts - ODI Series

Cracking innings from Morgan.

Second time in four ODI innings (three if you ignore the Scotland game, which is somehow classed as an ODI) that he's hit a boundary to bring up his hundred AND an England win.

Impressive stuff from Morgan.
I an also very impressed with the work that Andy Flower has done, England were always competitive at Test match level under Fletcher and then Flower. But now with the T20 World Cup won, England look like they may be genuine contenders for the 50 over World Cup next year. Since getting ******* 6-1 by the convicts last summer they have gone from strength to strength.

Blimey, there's too much sport on, the convicts are 118/5.

'fairly' comfortable win again. Strauss got us off to a decent start and a few others chipped in. Real solid look to the 1 day team at moment. Kiewetter has enabled us to play 5 front line bowlers (well 4 plus Yardy who is doing a sterling job) with Wright and Colly able to bowl a few overs as well. That most of those bowlers can also bat means we have real depth and even at 6 wickets down we still had Yardy and Broad to come in to bat. Looks promising.

PS. I wouldnt mind us going into the Ashes against this kind of Australian line up. If Haddin, Johnson and Siddle were injured Id fancy our chances :)

'fairly' comfortable win again. Strauss got us off to a decent start and a few others chipped in. Real solid look to the 1 day team at moment. Kiewetter has enabled us to play 5 front line bowlers (well 4 plus Yardy who is doing a sterling job) with Wright and Colly able to bowl a few overs as well. That most of those bowlers can also bat means we have real depth and even at 6 wickets down we still had Yardy and Broad to come in to bat. Looks promising.

PS. I wouldnt mind us going into the Ashes against this kind of Australian line up. If Haddin, Johnson and Siddle were injured Id fancy our chances :)

I'm not getting carried away but the first two matches have been a bit of a stroll for England, plus there's the added advantage that they are getting under Ponting's skin.

I agree with you about Haddin, Johnson & Siddle, and I'd add Hilfenhaus to that list who IMO is better than Siddle. Hopefully the cold winter nights will deliver us a competitive Ashes series with England retaining the urn and winning on convict soil for the first time in close to 25 years.

Twas a thrilling and nerve shredding finale to todays match but England snuck home by one wicket to save the day from being a total disaster zone, though actually it fills like a disaster zone still so scrub that comment

Back