• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Costa Rica

Engerland....Engerland....Engerland....

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
Anyone bothering with our swan song this afternoon? I'll be at work until 6, so I'll miss it anyhow - what's the betting will stick 4 or so past CR now the pressure is off?

I'll be watching Italy vs Uraguay. Winner takes all pretty much.

I'll record England and watch on fast-forward later probably.

I certainly will be watching England play tonight and Im very much looking forward to it.

Tonight is the start of a fresh looking England in preperation for France. its not very often these new/newer player to the squad get to play in a world cup/ tournement.

It's England in the World Cup. I'll be watching it, 100%. Come on lads!

Also, it's a huge game as it is for the Unofficial Football World Championship. We've not held the prestigious crown since that 1-0 win over Germany in Euro 2000.

England game all the way. The Italy-Uruguay game is only about the result and I can get that on teletext Sky planner or online anytime

I don't understand why anyone would not be watching the England game if they've watched the earlier two. It is the equivilent of going to Chesterfield vs Scunthorpe because it is towards the top of the table over watching Southend vs Exeter in midtable.

I'll be watching Italy vs Uraguay. Winner takes all pretty much.

I'll record England and watch on fast-forward later probably.

I'll watch the England game, but will keep more than an eye on that one. I don't know who I want to lose more!

Italy because they didn't deserve to beat us, or Uruguay because of the ridiculous comments from Suarez about retribution after beating us. (He said it was retribution for the bad treatment he has had in England, forgetting of course that he has just won both the PFA and Football Writers' player of the year awards.)

I haven't watched England regularly for years. I think it was a Sven Goran Erikkson game when David Seaman got lobbed by a random freekick that I finally gave up. I used to get so frustrated with it that it used to drive me mad.

Nothing I've read or seen about the national team since has made me want to start watching again.

I wish them well and would love them to win something but I really can't be bothered to watch it.

I'll probably have it open at work then watch the second half when I get home. Will be interesting to see how some of the newer players get on and how they approach the game. And I really hope we win because finishing bottom with 0 points is pretty embarassing.

Will watch England whilst praying that Suarez get's stretchered off and loses out on his transfer to Real Madrid !!! Bitter ? Yep can't stand the ugly ****er !!!!

Turn ITV player on my laptop for one match and put the other one on tv, problem solved.

I can't not watch England. Like others here I reckon Costa Rica are going to get spanked. (I said that about Burton as well!!!).

So, at least we got a point, and could easily have won with less wasteful finishing. I'm still not convinced that Sturridge is the real deal at centre forward, but on the plus side Barkley, shaw, Jones and wilshere showed sufficient presence to continue in the side as first choices.

Didn't watch it as was on train home.

I did intend to work from home today so I could be here to watch it, but it had literally no interest and was even worse than a friendly.

What a terrible World Cup where we don't even have anything to play for in the 3rd game.

Couldnt even beat a team who didnt want to win. Turgid end to the worst world cup ever for England. 2 goals scored, not one player with his reputation enhanced (except perhaps the players who were left behind!) and that muppet Dyke comes out and supports Hodgson, who has presided over utter rubbish.
The only positive was that we were spared the torture of a penalty shoot out defeat.

Couldnt even beat a team who didnt want to win. Turgid end to the worst world cup ever for England. 2 goals scored, not one player with his reputation enhanced (except perhaps the players who were left behind!) and that muppet Dyke comes out and supports Hodgson, who has presided over utter rubbish.
The only positive was that we were spared the torture of a penalty shoot out defeat.

This!

Shocking show by England and deservedly coming home,Only high points were the youngsters .

In Roy I don't trust.

people were saying,hodgson team are playing well,attacking football,sorry,but every game we got worse..next game in switzerland(euros)..we will be poor there as well..and hodgson thought we were good AGAIN today!!all 3 games,we were the better team and he thought we should have won!!! what a &&&&

that game was simply dire, I should have stuck to my guns and watched Uruguay. Barkley and Wilshere showed why they weren't starting, Sturridge was very wasteful (imagine if it was Welbeck!) and the defence just didn't click. A lot of our 'talented youngsters' (Barkley, Wilshere, Ox, Shaw, Smalling, Jones, Sterling) all have massive seasons coming up - they need to progress from decent prem players to top prem players and regular starters. With experienced players fading out (Lampard, Gerrard, John Terry, Ashley Cole) it's hard to see how we're going to have a decent squad in 2 years. Hopefully Roy has a plan...

Back