• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Croatia -Wednesday 11th July 2018

Anyone got any idea of anything Croatian I can smash up if we lose tonight? I thought of Yugo cars but turns out they were made in what now is Serbia.

Plus I can't think of the last time I actually saw a Yugo on the road.

Yes I always expect the worse with England as I do with SUFC. It comes with being generally disappointed with either team over the past 60 years I have been watching them.

I do of course always want England (and SUFC) to win.

Does this make me a troll ?

Yes I always expect the worse with England as I do with SUFC. It comes with being generally disappointed with either team over the past 60 years I have been watching them.

In a word. Yes.

Only if you are Scandinavian.

A pessimist is never disappointed.

Expecting the worst is different to hoping for the worst.

The nerves have kicked in. It's a long long time to 19:00hrs. Yet despite that I'm feeling very hopeful
Come on you Lions.

This is getting silly. If I'm this nervous now I'll be a dribbling wreck if we go to extra time and pens. Only 2hrs 15mins to go now, getting near time for the donning of the lucky England red 2002 shirt ceremony.

England unchanged

IpvYng.jpg

Croatia make one change. Brozovic comes in to replace Kramaric (he scored the opener in their last match against Russia.

1531329516844.gif1531329516844.gif1531329516844.gif1531329516844.gif

Great free kick by Trippier! He has got to be our player of the tournament he’s been outstanding.

At the moment this looks like England want it more than Croatia! We just need to keep this pressure up for the full 90 minutes.

Tailed off a bit towards the end of the first half, but on the whole, we could have been 3-0 up at half time.
Lets hope we don't rue those missed chances, and as Ricey said, we need to keep up the same tempo and pressure until the final whistle.

Croatia have come out with a bit of a rocket up their arses. We seem to be sitting back and settling at the moment need to bring back that pressure and great play from the 1st half.

Think we could do with bringing Rashford on to liven this game up.

We are defending really well.

Back