• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread England v France, Saturday 10 December, 7pm, ITV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
So… the World Cup is now very much at the business end with all fixtures truly mouthwatering from here on.

Already some great games in the Quarter finals - Netherlands against Argentina should be a great game, and of course England v France will be an exciting and challenging game for both countries.

The winners of those two games meet each other in the semis, with a final then against (most likely IMO) Brazil.

How do you think England will get on against France?

Some genuinely exciting aspects to look out for - Mbappé of course, but also can Bellingham build on his fantastic performances to date; will England go for it and excite us all or will they clam up and serve up some tedium à la the first half hour against Senegal?

So… the World Cup is now very much at the business end with all fixtures truly mouthwatering from here on.

Already some great games in the Quarter finals - Netherlands against Argentina should be a great game, and of course England v France will be an exciting and challenging game for both countries.

The winners of those two games meet each other in the semis, with a final then against (most likely IMO) Brazil.

How do you think the England will get on against France?

Some genuinely exciting aspects to look out for - Mbappé of course, but also can Bellingham build on his fantastic performances to date; will England go for it and excite us all or will they clam up and serve up some tedium à la the first half hour against Senegal?
Anyone who saw the France and England games yesterday will know who'll win on Sat.nite.(And just to make it quite clear) it won't be England.Mbappe's goals were stunning.

Anyone who saw the France and England games yesterday will know who'll win on Sat.nite.(And just to make it quite clear) it won't be England.Mbappe's goals were stunning.
Wouldn't be so sure, England can beat anyone on thd day. I wouldn't think france are thinking it's going to be a push over.

I'd imagine France are favourites but I wouldn't rule England out easily. Saw an interesting graphic recently - not sure if it was on here - it had France only just ahead of England on probability of winning the world Cup. Brazil I think we're clear favourites

I'd imagine France are favourites but I wouldn't rule England out easily. Saw an interesting graphic recently - not sure if it was on here - it had France only just ahead of England on probability of winning the world Cup. Brazil I think we're clear favourites
Brazil are certainly the bookie's favourites.But I think they can kiss their chances goodbye unless they can get Neymar fit and playing regularly.

I didn't make any predictions against Senegal, and I won't for the French game. However, if the French and @Tangled up in Blue think it will be a simple victory for the French then I reckon they will be in for a big surprise. We are probably the one side they least want to play next, as not only are we hard to beat, but we are scoring goals for fun. If France do beat us then they will deserve to go onto the final. If we win. Then the same applies.

318213513_5890267140993500_6176409020011093616_n.jpg

I didn't make any predictions against Senegal, and I won't for the French game. However, if the French and @Tangled up in Blue think it will be a simple victory for the French then I reckon they will be in for a big surprise. We are probably the one side they least want to play next, as not only are we hard to beat, but we are scoring goals for fun. If France do beat us then they will deserve to go onto the final. If we win. Then the same applies.
Don't think I said it will be "a simple victory for the French" but J'm certainly expecting them to win. :Winking:

I posted it up in the England v Senegal match thread

0f4b02ff-9aa0-4682-8923-8fa985e96967.jpg

Now edited to reflect England supporters expectations

0f4b02ff-9aa0-4682-8923-8fa985e96967.jpg

Must be a new rule in the WC, previous goals count, never known a match to be won by previous goals scored stunning or tap in
Good job your not a motivation manager

England 2-1, i been doing that Sun predictor score challenge even though i cant win the 5000 pound prize as its only open the UK residents ,so far have got 4 correct scores including Spain Morrocco which i predicted would be 0-0 fulltime ,England /.Wales , england /Senegal,Australia /Argentina. my prediction England 2 France 1.

Can see plenty of goals in this one with the strength of both sides being in the final third. Someone is winning 3-2 and I'm going with England.

Not long now to go.Less than 30 hours and my nerves are starting.
Well like Russia 18,we have beaten the teams we thought we should and now have reached the minimum what we expected the Q/F.
Ive already started to hear on the radio.."yes,but in two years this team will be better".
How often have we heard-read that ??(every two years)
Surely its now time after all the talk that we not only start beating the TOP teams consistently but also win a cup or three.
We have been told we play better against better opposition,counter attack etc....lets hope its now time for the talking to stop....action speaks louder than words.
CUMON ENGLAND....but i aint holding my breath...we always end up feeling let down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back