• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Hungary C4 from 1900

Bizarre red card - Hungary player ran into Stones. Didn't look like a block or anything and defo no elbow.

Wife hadn't put the TV on as she said there was nothing on TV tonight. Have just turned it on saw this was on so have flicked over to it to see Hungary just score their 4th.

She was right, nothing decent on tv

Really hope the players minds are on holidays (going or just been on) rather than these glorified friendlies

Reactions: ESG
I don't think our goalie was up to it either. One of those that nearly saves it, but doesn't. They had 5 shots on target and scored 4.

Last edited:
Thought that was another predictably **** -poor performane.Anyone who thinks this team has got a realistic chance of achieving anything in the next World Cup is deluded.FWIW I'd say that in Qatar they will qualify easily enough from their group but then get beaten out by the first decent team they play in the knock out stages.In other words,business as usual.

Thought that was another predictably **** -poor performane.Anyone who thinks this team has got a realistic chance of achieving anything in the next World Cup is deluded.FWIT I'd say that in Qatar they will qualify easily enough from their group but then get beaten out by the first decent team they play in the knock out stages.In other words,business as usual.
As nauseating a performance as that was, England have made the final and the semi-final in their last two major tournaments, so business as usual would not be an early exit.

Not really going to read to much into how we do in this noddy competition but I do think that England have more chance of reaching the World Cup final then Southend moving into a new stadium within the next 5 years if ever.

Worrying we seem to be going backwards whilst some of the other European big boys seem to be revitalized- Netherlands, Germany, Croatia. Inevitable there would be a lot of changes and use of the full squad. Suspect that the starting XI for tbe world cup will be pretty similar to the one at the Euros. The players look disinterested, for me it's a tournament most players aren't too bothered about at the end of a long season.

I have more chance of fulfilling my unrequited love for Emma Bunton than either of these two alternatives (England winning WC and a new stadium within 5 years)

Mickey Mouse tournament? Tell that to a team qualifying for the Europa league.

Tired players? Bullsheite

Loss acceptable? Only if it’s not humiliating and this was humiliating

Would Southgate be leading us to Qatar if it wasn’t for the last two tournaments? No, and I have no problem with him leading us at Qatar.

Will we get much further than the group stage? Nope

Will the media and the fans do their usual pre and in tournament delusional frenzy? Of course

Should we dispense with bend the freakin’ knee and concentrate on the job in hand? Obviously

Worrying we seem to be going backwards whilst some of the other European big boys seem to be revitalized- Netherlands, Germany, Croatia. Inevitable there would be a lot of changes and use of the full squad. Suspect that the starting XI for tbe world cup will be pretty similar to the one at the Euros. The players look disinterested, for me it's a tournament most players aren't too bothered about at the end of a long season.
The players aren't the only ones not bothered by this pointless exercise. Why do the people running this think it's a good idea when there is another long season just round the corner with a World Cup right in the middle of it?

It doesn't get much worse than last nights performance. Some serious questions need to be asked, the last for games have been totaly unacceptable.

Last edited:
Back