• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Japan

marvel315

First XI
Bent and Huddlestone both start tomorrow

Team - James, G Johnson, Terry, Ferdinand, 'Cashley', Walcott, Huddlestone, Lampard, Lennon, Rooney, Bent

Can't say I agree with Adam Johnson's omission. Needs a run out to prove his credentials and, by all accounts, he's been the most impressive in training. Good to see James get some game time ahead of Robert Green.

Walcott no thanks. Done nothing since croatia game. Lennon on the left is just bizarre when u have a left footer in adam johnson. That is not a midfield to frighten anyone. Joe cole and even wright phillis have far more end product.

Walcott no thanks. Done nothing since croatia game. Lennon on the left is just bizarre when u have a left footer in adam johnson. That is not a midfield to frighten anyone. Joe cole and even wright phillis have far more end product.

Got to agree on that. In Rooney and Bent we have 2 players that have combined total of 50 goals in best league in the world, but with no supply, we will fail to create any decent chances and may have to resort to shooting from distance, which isn't a problem when you have Lampard on top form and when Huddlestone can keep them below 20 feet.

Pretty much, as I expected, the nail in the coffin for Scott Parker's and Matt Upson's World Cup ambitions as well.

Pretty much, as I expected, the nail in the coffin for Scott Parker's and Matt Upson's World Cup ambitions as well.

I think Upson will still go and that Dawson will be left behind instead. I'd like Scott Parker to be in the 23, but it looks as though he was there only as insurance for Barry being a definite non-starter.

I think Upson will still go and that Dawson will be left behind instead. I'd like Scott Parker to be in the 23, but it looks as though he was there only as insurance for Barry being a definite non-starter.

Upson's inclusion depends on what other options Capello wants in midfield. If King's fit and Capello can trust him, he has Rio, JT, King and Carragher who are CB's first and foremost and Huddlestone could, if vital, play in an emergency role. It frees up space for extra options further up the field if he omits both Upson and Dawson from the squad.

Not a midfield to frighten anyone? Ask any full-back about facing Walcott and Lennon and I think they might disagree. As for doing 'nothing' since the Croatia game, that's partly because he's had injuries and hasn't played for Arsenal regularly this season. But he finished the season well and remains a dangerous weapon. But I agree it's strange playing them both, can't imagine either of them being as good on the left. I'd still have Joe Cole there.

Would like to see of seen Johnson get a start.

Intresting that Bent is starting hope he does well.....

Changes at HT

Walcott off for A. Johnson
Lennon on the right and A. Johnson on the left
Huddlestone off for Milner

Changes at half time should be Rooney off for Heskey, Walcott off for Johnson with Lennon on the right and Huddlestone off for Parker

Back