• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England v Tunisia

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
As per the 'other' World Cup thread, we'll have a separate thread for each England game. So here's the first one, with a little reminder of the last time we played Tunisia in a World Cup.

[video=youtube;Zig6YWMoL4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zig6YWMoL4c[/video]

Great video
Hate people keep saying ...dont get beat the first game....win,WIN, the first two games,then i expect at least the q-f,then maybe Germany who are not as good as people think:thumbsup:

I'm predicting a typical laboured England win, 1-0 or 2-0. Tunisia will presumably put a lot of men behind the ball and try to make it difficult for us. Can't remember the last time England gave someone a proper spanking.

I'm predicting a typical laboured England win, 1-0 or 2-0. Tunisia will presumably put a lot of men behind the ball and try to make it difficult for us. Can't remember the last time England gave someone a proper spanking.

Maybe this one counts, 2001 World Cup qualifier. If it doesn't qualify in your book, then it's worth watching anyway.

[video=youtube;dUHTT2VnKao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUHTT2VnKao[/video]

anyone who watched the Iceland v Argentina game yesterday will have seen a preview of our game - attack against defence with the odd counter. Tunisia may well sit deep and defend the width of their 18 yard box. If faced with that England need to be patient, use width to create space and no just give it to one guy to do everything while they stand still. being able to ping it in to Kane might help up a lot actually. But people shouldn't get ****ed off if we struggle to break down a massed defence. I just hope we manage to pass the bloody ball about a bit, that would be an improvement on many England games i've seen

Agree BS,but i also hope we dont do what the Argies done the whole game..pass,pass,pass dont know what to do..so pass again.
Use the wings as well and sometimes a long quick ball over the top.Often we are far too slow moving the ball out from the back,by the time our keeper throws the ball to one of our defenders,they are all back ready for us waiting.Keep the ball ,pass the ball but do change things about sometimes,quick or long balls.Something we did not really see from those lovely Argies!!

Maybe this one counts, 2001 World Cup qualifier. If it doesn't qualify in your book, then it's worth watching anyway.

[video=youtube;dUHTT2VnKao]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUHTT2VnKao[/video]
was at that game,my boys first ever England game.And what a game it was.....and watching all those sad Germans crying:hilarious:

was at that game,my boys first ever England game.And what a game it was.....and watching all those sad Germans crying:hilarious:

Me as well. Met a German couple at breakfast the next morning who had a sense of humour when the husband said ' You made hard work of that last night' with a rye smile on his face.

As per the 'other' World Cup thread, we'll have a separate thread for each England game. So here's the first one, with a little reminder of the last time we played Tunisia in a World Cup.

[video=youtube;Zig6YWMoL4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zig6YWMoL4c[/video]

The only England WC Finals game I've been at - with Tangled Up In Blue and Grumpy Blue.

Sir Gareth was playing right side of a three, as I recall. Beckham wasn't in the starting line-up and neither was Michael Owen. When Owen came on though, he was brilliant. We were sat with the Tunisian fans and we stuck out a bit. It took a lot of restraint not to go bonkers over Scholes' goal which nestled in the net in front of us. I think a 2-0 scoreline like that one would be a great result.

The only England WC Finals game I've been at - with Tangled Up In Blue and Grumpy Blue.

Sir Gareth was playing right side of a three, as I recall. Beckham wasn't in the starting line-up and neither was Michael Owen. When Owen came on though, he was brilliant. We were sat with the Tunisian fans and we stuck out a bit. It took a lot of restraint not to go bonkers over Scholes' goal which nestled in the net in front of us. I think a 2-0 scoreline like that one would be a great result.

Had to watch that one in some manky pub in Silvertown. Everyone had charged round London getting our deliveries done to make kick off. There was parcels getting chucked through windows (open or not) bouncing of secuity guards heads, just to get done in record time.

Like to see an attack-minded line-up to take the game to Tunisia rather than an eleven geared to a slow, keep-ball and sideways passing game. Can but hope.

I'm now duly clad in my England 2002/04 away shirt and the good news is that it still fits. Hopefully an omen for tonight's game.

Back