• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Kosovo

More then happy with Southgate and his squad full of very good players with some being right up there with the best,it's like we are in dream land compared to the rubbish we had,carry on Gareth The Euro's are for the taking,all very exciting, UTW.

Not so sure.They'll be playing proper teams in the Euro's next year.

Gave up on the Kosovo game at HT-it clearly wasn't a contest.

I think we can afford to be very excited about our attacking prowess which will win us many games imho. They may all end up 3-2 or 4-3 but what entertainment it would be!

Speed kills .....and we have so much of it going forward , i like the we can outscore you attitude . Teams should genuinely be worried about playing us , the squad looks to have the best team spirit since the 96 squad with Venables at the helm.
I must admit i thought GS was the wrong choice initially but he seems to have the players on tune with him and not many ego's on the pitch

Speed kills .....and we have so much of it going forward , i like the we can outscore you attitude . Teams should genuinely be worried about playing us , the squad looks to have the best team spirit since the 96 squad with Venables at the helm.
I must admit i thought GS was the wrong choice initially but he seems to have the players on tune with him and not many ego's on the pitch

Yeah but hurr durr when we play good teams we will get thrashed hurr durr, just forget about the Nations League and beating Spain and Croatia, hurr durr, Czechs and Bulgarians are just like San Marino so putting five past them isn't anything to be excited about hurr durr, I just can't bring myself to say anything positive about England hurr durr.

The only countries on our level right now are France and Belgium. Deal with it.

I was all WTF and then I realised I'd clicked on a thread in General Football and not Shrimpers chit-chat.

Like you I wasn't enamoured with the choice of Southgate - may whoever Southend appoint as manager similarly exceed all expectations.

World cup semi finalists last time not to bad and improving,can't see your point or maybe you don't really have one silly little man,

Ignoring the gratuitous insult,the point is really a simple one that even you should be able to understand.Next year in the Euro finals we'll be playing much better teams that the likes of Kosovo etc.

I once played football in the Kosovo National Stadium Pristina, and back then, 2003, it was not much better than a rec park pitch with concrete step terrace around 70% of the pitch and a small seating area on the rest with (unusable and inoperative) changing rooms.
If the return fixture is played there then it will be an eye opener for the players and most travelling fans, especially trying to get accomodation.

I once played football in the Kosovo National Stadium Pristina, and back then, 2003, it was not much better than a rec park pitch with concrete step terrace around 70% of the pitch and a small seating area on the rest with (unusable and inoperative) changing rooms.
If the return fixture is played there then it will be an eye opener for the players and most travelling fans, especially trying to get accomodation.

You reinforce the point that I was making above,FWIW,I happen to believe that our away performances next year in Prague and Kosovo will (paradoxically) be a much better guide to how we'll perform next year in the Euros.

You reinforce the point that I was making above,FWIW,I happen to believe that our away performances next year in Prague and Kosovo will (paradoxically) be a much better guide to how we'll perform next year in the Euros.

Unless England win those, when you'll come up with some other spurious reason to downplay this England side.

Unless England win those, when you'll come up with some other spurious reason to downplay this England side.

They might well win (and I hope they do) but the manner of the performance will also be important.In any case, that doesn't gainsay the main point that next year in the Euros, England will be playing the cream of Europe not the dregs.

Back