• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Kosovo

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Entertaing 1st half. Not often England are 5-1 up at the half way mark.

Presume Declan Rice is colour-blind since he can’t manage to complete a pass to a team-mate.

Great entertainment but so sloppy by England. They must tighten up at the back. Now where have I heard tbat before?

Kosovo just never gave up, whenever they attacked they looked dangerous, aided by our defence obviously.

Maguire (and Keane to a lesser extent) were both poor, but I'm still very excited about this England team. The two goal margin flattered Kosovo, who I believe hadn't lost in 15 games. Two defensive calamities, one missed penalty, Sterling hitting the post when you would have bet your house on him scoring...and we still beat our nearest challengers in the group by two goals. When England come forward, they look frighteningly good. Yeah, the defending is frightening too, but if we can score 4 or 5 every game, so what?

Totally agree Tom, we under estimated the opposition as fans, formed two years ago and unbeaten in 15

Going forward awesome, but the defence is still young and will learn from their mistakes and the positive side, players on the bench who can do the job if needed

Had a £5 free bet in my account so thought I would make it interesting and put it on Sancho to get 3+ goals at 50/1. On 2 goals you would have thought Kane would give him the opportunity to get a hattrick with the penalty and win me a couple of hundred quid, then Southgate subbed him! I've come to realise these football types don't give a monkeys about me winning money

Ah, but that's just it, Tom, we won't score four or five goals every game and certainly not against the likes of France, Belgium, Portugal or Netherland whereas with that defence we'll definitely concede.
Rice and Keane were poor and showed why they both not international standard. Henderson provides nothing by way of creativity or goals (why wasn't Maddison given say a 15 minute run out?). Pickford's distribution needs improvement and trying to play out from the back when players are already being closed-down just plain suicidal.
Front-line however looked terrific and a constant threat for the 90+ minutes. Pity about the penalty but the keeper was moving way before Harry kicked the ball.

If we can't shut out the likes of Kosovo then what chance do we have against the likes of Germany/Belgium & co?

England have improved under Southgate and we do look good going forward but are very poor at the back and will struggle against top sides.Maguire is a good defender at club level but not proven at international level yet.Was looking at Euro 2020 odds we are 9/2 and Portugal are 16/1 I know what I'd rather stick a tenner on

Thought Sancho had a great game for a 19 year old, there again he's playing for a top club and in the Champions League. Whereas Rice is supposedly a star at Wet Spam who are a very ordinary Prem side. Henderson now has 53 times caps for England yet still not scored a goal, which not unsurprising

All I can say it at least it was entertaining. For years England were so boring to watch, I enjoyed last night and have enjoyed watching England since Southgate took over.

Yes of course they're are still issues, the central defence and centre midfield mainly but I personally think Southgate's got this squad overachieving.

The two goal margin flattered Kosovo, who I believe hadn't lost in 15 games.
I can believe it, as much as everyone loves to moan about England we are one of the best sides in the world at the end of the day (even if there's a gulf in class between us and the very top sides), Kosovo aren't going to play a side with as much attacking power as us every week and they looked a lot better going forward than most sides we usually end up playing in qualifiers.

England have improved under Southgate and we do look good going forward but are very poor at the back and will struggle against top sides.Maguire is a good defender at club level but not proven at international level yet.Was looking at Euro 2020 odds we are 9/2 and Portugal are 16/1 I know what I'd rather stick a tenner on

That's World Cup semi-finalist Harry Maguire.

That's World Cup semi-finalist Harry Maguire.
Still not convinced he is a top centre half like Ramos or Van Dyke.Plus over years countries like Turkey and South Korea have got to world cup semi finals which is a great achievement but would you say all their players were top internationals on the basis of one tournament? Think Maguire is very good but not convinced he is a top class international

Had a £5 free bet in my account so thought I would make it interesting and put it on Sancho to get 3+ goals at 50/1. On 2 goals you would have thought Kane would give him the opportunity to get a hattrick with the penalty and win me a couple of hundred quid, then Southgate subbed him! I've come to realise these football types don't give a monkeys about me winning money

Kane is a selfish ****! He did the same in the world cup with Stones. He had already scored twice could've let him take the pen for his hat trick. How often would a defender ever get the chance to bag a hat trick. The game was pretty much won anyway so it wouldn't have mattered if he missed. Great captain that!

More then happy with Southgate and his squad full of very good players with some being right up there with the best,it's like we are in dream land compared to the rubbish we had,carry on Gareth The Euro's are for the taking,all very exciting, UTW.

Back