• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Lithuania

Watching bits whilst i make a roast dinner.

How boring are England?! Almost hoping Lithuania score to liven it up.

Utter tripe. No flair, backpassing constantly, prima donnas. Thank God for our beloved team. COYBB

Any game was going to be an anticlimax after seeing my son score the first goal in a 2-0 win in his cup final earlier in the day. He cut in from the left, beat 3 players and curled it into the bottom right corner, much like Ranger's yesterday.

That said, we won and we kept a clean sheet. You can't really ask much more than that.

I guess it's different on TV. I was at the game and, while it wasn't exactly pulsating, I did enjoy it. Nowhere near as much as I enjoy a good Southend win though as the distance from the pitch always makes me feel removed. Would have liked to see us push on further for 3 and 4 but you could almost tell we were just happy with the relaxed win at minimal effort.

Rashford looks incredible live though - so positive with every touch and just glides past the opposition sometimes like they're not even there.

Well I thought there was some decent football and good play in an extremely comfortable win. Somethings frustrated, like not running at isolated players, and taking shots where another pass was needed, but on the whole I think Southgate is doing a good job so far.

It's almost as if playing an international side with no ambition to get forward in late March when most players have highly important club fixtures on the horizon isn't exactly conducive to a barnstorming, end to end game of football.

Professional performance from a young England side with plenty of promise. Kane/Rashford for Defoe, Rose for Bertrand and someone - anyone - in central midfield alongside Dier, and that's an XI with a lot going for it.

It's almost as if playing an international side with no ambition to get forward in late March when most players have highly important club fixtures on the horizon isn't exactly conducive to a barnstorming, end to end game of football.

Professional performance from a young England side with plenty of promise. Kane/Rashford for Defoe, Rose for Bertrand and someone - anyone - in central midfield alongside Dier, and that's an XI with a lot going for it.

Hmm, the goalscorers were both over 30.

Hmm, the goalscorers were both over 30.

...and were deputising for the injured Kane, who's 23. Judging by his 30 minutes yesterday it won't be long before Rashford is being selected ahead of them both as well.

Walker - 26
Keane - 24
Stones - 22
Bertrand - 27
Dier - 23
Chamberlain - 23
Alli - 20
Sterling - 22
Lallana - 28

That makes for good reading. As does the fact that the U19s (the '99-'01 age group is regarded within certain circles as one of the most prodigious we've had in decades) saw off Spain with consummate ease at St George's Park on Friday afternoon to qualify for this summer's U19 Euros.

...and were deputising for the injured Kane, who's 23. Judging by his 30 minutes yesterday it won't be long before Rashford is being selected ahead of them both as well.

Walker - 26
Keane - 24
Stones - 22
Bertrand - 27
Dier - 23
Chamberlain - 23
Alli - 20
Sterling - 22
Lallana - 28

That makes for good reading. As does the fact that the U19s (the '99-'01 age group is regarded within certain circles as one of the most prodigious we've had in decades) saw off Spain with consummate ease at St George's Park on Friday afternoon to qualify for this summer's U19 Euros.

I'm looking forward to seeing a decent International friendly tomorrow night.France v Spain.

It'll be interesting to see how England get on, away at Scotland in June and also away to Lithuania.

While there's no question that England are the best team in their group, that's not really saying much at all.The wheels will come off in Russia.

These sorts of games are rarely entertaining. Just got to get the job done and that's what they did. Another win and another clean sheet. Thought Stones played well and Defoe proved why he deserves to be in the squad. Good to see we have some other young centre-backs coming through like Keane, Gibson etc.

Back