• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Ukraine

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
Rooney starts

Team - Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young, Rooney, Welbeck

Deep joy, Milner and Young start :zzzzz: Even though that would appear to be a better line up, Andy Carroll's got to be pretty gutted.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that we will not be allowed to go through to the QFs. UEFA can't have a second successive Euro Finals without either host in the last 8, can they? I fully expect a few decidedly dodgy referee and linesman decisions go against us tonight. 2-0 Ukraine.

Deep joy, Milner and Young start :zzzzz: Even though that would appear to be a better line up, Andy Carroll's got to be pretty gutted.

Agreed.

Would have kept Welbeck and Carroll but brought in Rooney for Young and Walcott for Milner.

It's a no-brainer to keep Young in the side. He, Rooney and Wellbeck play together most weeks for Man Yoo so know one another's games inside out. You need as much cohesion as possible at international level when players from various clubs only have a limited time together.

Would have kept Welbeck and Carroll but brought in Rooney for Young and Walcott for Milner.
Me too Scott.

It's a no-brainer to keep Young in the side. He, Rooney and Wellbeck play together most weeks for Man Yoo so know one another's games inside out. You need as much cohesion as possible at international level when players from various clubs only have a limited time together.
Disagree completely. Don't think Sheringham, Shearer and Beckham ever played in the same club side, any more than Lineker, Gascoigne and Beardsley did. Young has played both games and been absolute poo, Milner only marginally better.

Me too Scott.

Disagree completely. Don't think Sheringham, Shearer and Beckham ever played in the same club side, any more than Lineker, Gascoigne and Beardsley did. Young has played both games and been absolute poo, Milner only marginally better.

Sheringham & Beckham both played together at Manchester United. Lineker & Gascoigne for Spurs, and possibly Beardsley & Gascoigne at Newcastle.:raspberry:

Hey Chaps,

Can anyone tell me what the **** Gashley Young is supposed to be doing?
I call him Gashley because he's playing like a ****.
And why is he wearing pink ****ing boots, to make it even more obvious that he's a ****ing ****hole?

****er.

King Regards

Me too Scott.

This proves women know nothing about football!

Great, another month of going over this with the very predictable debate over goal-line technology.

Few points to make :

1) Yes the ball was over the line, but their striker (Milevskyi??) looked a yard or so off when it got played up to him and the assistant missed it again!

2) Maybe England gaining from lack of goal-line technology will make Blatter think!!

3) What the hell do the extra officials behind the goal do? Seem a bit pointless to me, as they just seem to stand there with a stick!

France blow it against Sweden, so we've got Italy..............well that's better than Spain, isn't it????.........surely the Spaniards can't play as badly again as they played in their last group match?

You can have as many extra officials as you like Mr Blatter but until you get an infallible method of deciding a ball is over the line you will continue to get human mistakes. Karma and all that.

Didn't see ITV but neither RTE nor Sky seem interested in mentioning how the 'goal' was two yards offside.

Young was fine. He was extremely disciplined and helped Cole out when Ukraine were targeting their flank (not sure why they weren't going after Glen Johnson...). Whoever plays on the wing in this formation is going to be doing more tracking back than they will be hitting the byline. Young and Milner are the right two to be playing.

You can have as many extra officials as you like Mr Blatter but until you get an infallible method of deciding a ball is over the line you will continue to get human mistakes. Karma and all that.

Extra officials on the goal-line aren't going to pick up off-sides near the halfway line.

Back