• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Uruguay

I actually have no affinity for the England team, don't give a monkeys if they win or not, and am really not interested.....however, I understand England are now 5-1 to qualify for the next round....surely this is good value? essentially we need 3 results to go our way
Italy to beat Costa Rica
Italy to beat Uruguay
England to beat Costa Rica
(with GD only needing to move by +/-1 to catch Costa Rica)

. I appreciate the point that Italy may not go wild man against Uruguay if they've already beaten Costa Rica, but still you wouldn't get 5/1 on the combined match odds for those 3 games...maybe 1/5 Italy v CR. 1/4 England v CR and a shade over evens if you're lucky on Italy v Uruguay).

I'm not saying it's a certainty, but Top tip from an independent point of view....lump on England to qualify.

Sounded alright until you said England had to beat someone!

I am sorry.
I will try to improve.
Any advice ?

Sack Roy. Stress this in every post, but offer no justification other than generic usesless/inept/clueless comments. Employ a corrupt, media whore who can only manage when there is bundles of money to spend on aging players at their twighlight, and get him to play a style that stopped being effective when Neville Southall was still a 34 inch waist. Ignore the fact that the manager you are promoting relies heavily on signing experienced aging players to bolster his squad when calling for the current manager to play as many youngsters as possible. ignore the fact the current manager is managing to bring the younger players in, and integrate them into a system that they are comfortable with and regularly play at club level.

Commit as many fouls as possible in the middle of the park (regardless of the fact most goals in tournaments are scored from set pieces) as this is a true testament to how good the midfield is.

Play kids only, as they are the only players that are young and hungry, if we fail to beat two of the best nations in International football, change everything, play younger more hungry players. Continuity & progress is overrated.

Use meaningless friendlies to justify your Roy out campaign. But ignore the fact that we played lesser opposition in our last world Cup when comparing it to this one, also in your Roy out campaign.

Stick by this mantra and you're onto a winner.

Sack Roy. Stress this in every post, but offer no justification other than generic usesless/inept/clueless comments. Employ a corrupt, media whore who can only manage when there is bundles of money to spend on aging players at their twighlight, and get him to play a style that stopped being effective when Neville Southall was still a 34 inch waist. Ignore the fact that the manager you are promoting relies heavily on signing experienced aging players to bolster his squad when calling for the current manager to play as many youngsters as possible. ignore the fact the current manager is managing to bring the younger players in, and integrate them into a system that they are comfortable with and regularly play at club level.

Commit as many fouls as possible in the middle of the park (regardless of the fact most goals in tournaments are scored from set pieces) as this is a true testament to how good the midfield is.

Play kids only, as they are the only players that are young and hungry, if we fail to beat two of the best nations in International football, change everything, play younger more hungry players. Continuity & progress is overrated.

Use meaningless friendlies to justify your Roy out campaign. But ignore the fact that we played lesser opposition in our last world Cup when comparing it to this one, also in your Roy out campaign.

I believe the technical term is pwned.

Regardless of the fact if we go through or not, if we don't give a decent performance against Costa Rica AND get the win, I think Roy will be sacked due to media pressure. Though who'd replace him is another matter.....

Calm down dear!

Some of you men are so far up your own backside it's laughable you just cannot take the fact that a woman may know far more than you on football matters.Now stop writing essays and cut to the chase!

no matter what happens,hodgson wont get sacked.the fa(fa),,love him.he is one of the "boys"..very sad,the german experts on tv are VERY shocked about how poor england are,hodgson has got a lot of stick here

Calm down dear!

Some of you men are so far up your own backside it's laughable you just cannot take the fact that a woman may know far more than you on football matters.Now stop writing essays and cut to the chase!

If you are a Mrs I'm made of Jam.

Calm down dear!

Gosh, that's a bit sexist isn't it? I wouldn't have expected that from you:smile:

Steve Gerrard is no Scholes/Ince type player, we've missed that since they respectively retired. I couldn't believe no-one marked Suarez' card early on with a tackle to test the knee, we weren't playing cricket you know, there's no need to be "gentlemen footballers"! A Spanish ref was never going to be sympathetic to us against a Latino side, some of the appointments this tournament have been strange to say the least.

I actually have no affinity for the England team, don't give a monkeys if they win or not, and am really not interested.....however, I understand England are now 5-1 to qualify for the next round....surely this is good value? essentially we need 3 results to go our way
Italy to beat Costa Rica
Italy to beat Uruguay
England to beat Costa Rica
(with GD only needing to move by +/-1 to catch Costa Rica)

. I appreciate the point that Italy may not go wild man against Uruguay if they've already beaten Costa Rica, but still you wouldn't get 5/1 on the combined match odds for those 3 games...maybe 1/5 Italy v CR. 1/4 England v CR and a shade over evens if you're lucky on Italy v Uruguay).

I'm not saying it's a certainty, but Top tip from an independent point of view....lump on England to qualify.

I really do know nothing about football....I think I'll become a BBC pundit

hahahahahahahahahaha
Dont laugh on that performance and Austalias performance versus Holland .i think they would have torn you apart.your midfield and defence were hopeless, you lack a goalscoring midfielder because Roy your over rated manager doesnt play the one you have in Lampard.your CBs have no cohesion with each other and Johnson is just a ball watcher.Sturridge has the power of shot od a 12 year old, thank god you have Rooney in your attack thats all i have to say, Sterling is one for the future no doubt Wellbeck better of cleaning boots, and Gerrard well sorry hes no holding midfielder,past his best im sorry.

In a petty , childish , pathetic way , I'm just glad that either Balotelli or Suarez are also getting knocked out in the group stage.

4-4-2 & Harry Redknapp apparentley.

Hey Wes

Your favourite player Stevie G was soooooo good that Spanish newspaper AS did not even give him a rating for his performance.

You sure know your players haha.

Back