• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Uruguay

I'd far rather our players didn't cheat at all. Just because some other countries stretch the concept of fair play doesn't mean England should. I'd far rather we played fair and never qualify for any major tournament. I detest seeing professionals cheating in any sport. Anyway, even in football what goes around comes around. Maradona cheated in 86 but got payback in 90 when the Italians booed him and got drugbusted in 94!

Few year's ago I played against an ex England international(she was well past her best years)she did me with one over the top which could of snapped my shin the agony was dreadful so revenge was in order with an elbow to her nose whilst defending a corner we ended being separated by every player,The funny thing was in the bar after the game we became best buddies and still laugh about that painful encounter.

Suarez and Pirlo both needed the treatment.

So you'd sacrifice the team by risking a petulant sending off for some personal vendetta. Astounding. Can you imagine Gerrard did the same? You'd have a field day.

So you'd sacrifice the team by risking a petulant sending off for some personal vendetta. Astounding. Can you imagine Gerrard did the same? You'd have a field day.

Heat of the moment and it was silly but whatever I did it won't win or lose for England!

Someone should test his dodgy knee with a filthy tackle cos we don't want to see wing play like this...

[VINE]MTLdMT3bizD[/VINE]

But that is just not going to happen. I'm not against change, I'm just at a total loss to understand what you would replace the present FA members with?

the fa chairman,i dont think,have really helped-improve english football.everybody knows we need change(for years),so i would go for people who know more about ,england-english football..x managers..one person i would like to see is Terry venables..we have others who im sure would be better, not everybodys taste, but hoodle,wilkins,keegan,,... i say people like them for a few reasons,all played-run top football, but also have played abroard,so have seen other ways to do things...i dont think the fa (members) are any good..old boys club,who carry on picking other "old boys"

the fa chairman,i dont think,have really helped-improve english football.everybody knows we need change(for years),so i would go for people who know more about ,england-english football..x managers..one person i would like to see is Terry venables..we have others who im sure would be better, not everybodys taste, but hoodle,wilkins,keegan,,... i say people like them for a few reasons,all played-run top football, but also have played abroard,so have seen other ways to do things...i dont think the fa (members) are any good..old boys club,who carry on picking other "old boys"

Yep, they are all names with international pedigree, unfortunately their previous involvement with the England team produced **** all in terms of trophies, either as players or managers. I think that is the point I'm making. Trevor Brooking has been involved with the FA since his retirement from playing, again another respected ex international. But again no discernible improvement to the national side directly from him. I'm not saying you're wrong but finding the right people is not that easy.

brooking did say,years ago,when he first took over,we must change the way we bring up our young players,otherwise,we soon wont even get to the final.he wanted big change,but seems he was over ruled..brooking was the only fa "waller" that i liked.sadly he is now gone,we are left with people like dyke!!still say venables & hoddle would change english football for the good..just like brian clough would have done..

I would love to have seen Cloughie as England Manager, it would have been fox in the hen coup time. Sadly, it never happened. Both Venables and Hoddle have already had a go, and again, not a lot of success in terms of winning tournaments. And they had the advantage of better players than this current squad possess. Maybe we need to be more insistent that Prem sides field more young Brits in their first teams, this however probably would fall foul of EU labour laws and the need to make as much cash as possible. I think that England's new training centre has the makings of better English players but it will take a long while yet. I also think that the current crop of English managers in the Prem are not of the same quality as the current foreign imports. Again a lot of this is down to the multi national club owners who do not give a toss whether England are successful or not. So it is difficult to develop more rounded home grown managers these days. We need a plan (not Greg Dyke's current offering) which gives us realistic hope that, with patience, England will again become a side to be feared. Unfortunately, this is going to take time and if we really want success it may come at cost for lower league clubs.

we agree on all things,the only difference is ,i would rather have hoodle-venables,someone who has also done well abroad,knows football inside out, than muppets like dyke,thompson in fact every fa "boss" i can remember..dyke ,i think worked for tv company..

we agree on all things,the only difference is ,i would rather have hoodle-venables,someone who has also done well abroad,knows football inside out, than muppets like dyke,thompson in fact every fa "boss" i can remember..dyke ,i think worked for tv company..
Ex Southend United type chap like Bobby Houghton .:winking:

Back