• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Uruguay

Pubey

Very disappointing. Feels like one of those games where no one particularly underperformed or messed up, it was just a meh performance all around and we were punished for it. Maybe we do need a bit of an injection within the team and bring in Barkley or someone. Sterling was very subdued and we looked one-dimensional after a good performance against Italy. argh.

Hart 5 Johnson 5 jags 4 Cahill 4 Baines 5 Gerrard 4 Henderson 4 sterling 5 Rooney 6 wellbeck 5 Sturridge 7

If Italy defeat Costa Rica ,then their game with Uruguay will end in a draw, and it wont matter if England then win 10-0 against Costa Rica they will still be going home.As for Applelover only giving Rooney a 6 for performance ,he in my mind was Englands only dangerous forward, never stopped running and trying and was unlucky not to get more goals.Also watch the build up to Uruguays first goal, Johnson was ball watching and moving into the middle whilst Cavani was moving out to the flank, if Johnson had been watching Cavani as he should have been ,Cavani would never have had the time to settle and put in such a perfect pass, even when Cavani received tthe ball Johnson stood off him again allowing him the time to settle and distribute the pass.If you watched the Uruguay rb and lb they went to the man and didnt allow them time on the ball.That said Hodgson is tactically nieve to my mind.and Englands defenders are crap,at least they have been in these 2 games.Gerrard also is no holding midfielder,he dosent put in those crutching tackles that are necassary at times.

You don't think anyone under-performed? I though Welbeck and Gerrard were very poor. Henderson only improved in the 2nd half as well. I'm really glad Rooney had, what I consider to be, a good game and that he finally broke that World Cup hoodoo and scored.

We were crying out for experience in that defence, oh for Ashley Cole and John Terry. I believe both had another World Cup campaign in them. Cahill is used to playing support in defence to Terry yet last night he was the one who was forced to lead. I really like Jagielka but him and Cahill aren't a partnership for me.

I also struggle to understand how an England team with so many Liverpool players in it failed spectacularly to deal with their team-mate, Suarez. I can't abide the bloke but he was what made the difference, Sturridge in comparison, was very quiet.

I'm sure Italy v Uruguay be manufactured to end in a draw. The only good thing will be that we'll never see Gerrard in an England shirt again.

I'm sure Italy v Uruguay be manufactured to end in a draw. The only good thing will be that we'll never see Gerrard in an England shirt again.

and please take hodgson with him,what a gormless manager

I so wanted the team to do well but they got what they deserved in the end. Defending was amateur at times especially for Uruguay's second goal. Central defenders at that level have to assume that defensive midfielders in front of them may miss headers, our centre backs didn't and Suarez had a free run on goal, very sad.

Roy has taken us back into the dark cesspit of world football,He is inept and clueless and must resign immediately!

Hopefully Gerrard will never play in an England shirt again.

The FA bigwigs should all be sacked today every single one of them to be replaced by proper football people then hire Harry Rednapp with Brendan Rodgers as his assistant it will cost plenty but this farce cannot continue.

Roy has taken us back into the dark cesspit of world football,He is inept and clueless and must resign immediately!

No. Struggling to see why you even watch football. You complain more than praise. Got to give things time, and time is exactly what Hodgson needs!

I donot get the whole Harry bandwagon thing is it just me ?

Is it because he is one of the lads on TV, doesnot give much loyalty to teams, uinless they pay top £, is he another Don Revie in disguise and when the new Piper calls .....

Roy has given us a small glimpse of what the players can achieve,personally and hindsight a wonderful thing, I would have chosen Lampard in the midfield, I donot agree with Gerrard/Lamps doesnot work, he would have added that little bit of composure and given us another firing option

Will Roy quit, I doubt it, the next option I reckon will be a safe option Gareth Southgate will be lead contender, myself would love to see another English manager but who is able to fill the role is another thing, loved Peter Taylor when in charge of under 21's and his one sole appearance as FT manager

No. Struggling to see why you even watch football. You complain more than praise. Got to give things time, and time is exactly what Hodgson needs!

Why don't you run along and prepare your pre match detail thing .

I see a Jolie/Pitt romance coming on, would this be a first" partnership" on SZ

As Jim Reeves sang when two worlds collide......

This site never ceases to amaze me.

Hart 5 Johnson 5 jags 4 Cahill 4 Baines 5 Gerrard 4 Henderson 4 sterling 5 Rooney 6 wellbeck 5 Sturridge 7

Nothing like an over reaction. We narrowly lost to the number four team in the world, after dominating for the majority of the game, becasue they had a world class striker, the no.3 player in the world up front. And you give the team 4's and 5's. Good work.

Hopefully Gerrard will never play in an England shirt again.

The FA bigwigs should all be sacked today every single one of them to be replaced by proper football people then hire Harry Rednapp with Brendan Rodgers as his assistant it will cost plenty but this farce cannot continue.

Jesus Christ monkey balls. I honestly thought I'd seen the worst of your hyperbole. But you've really excelled yourself here. Roy has brought in the younger players, set up a system that allows us to attack, and play more attractive football than we have in probably two decades of football. He narrowly loses out to two teams in the top ten ranked teams in the World. and they were narrow defeats. And we're back in the dark ages - have you forgotten the reigns of Taylor ('94) and Mcclaren (08) when we didn't even qualify?. He's clueless and inept? This from the woman who wants to revert back to 4-4-2.

And then when it couldn't get any worse? Harry Redknapp. Some people truly do want the world to burn.

Back