• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

Balakov the Bulgarian manager should hold his head in shame, when he states he heard no chanting during the game

Why was his captain speaking at ht with the fans

It would not have been the thugs would have won,if the game was abandoned, personally hoping Kane would lead them off the pitch as the abuse got worse, alas it would have taken the Bulgarians to follow them in support and that would never happen

No excuse for this treatment, yet many I suspect will not find fault, behind their computers

Balakov the Bulgarian manager should hold his head in shame, when he states he heard no chanting during the game

It would not have been the thugs would have won,if the game was abandoned, personally hoping Kane would lead them off the pitch as the abuse got worse, alas it would have taken the Bulgarians to follow them in support and that would never happen

No excuse for this treatment, yet many I suspect will not find fault, behind their computers

Charlotte Coleman on Twitter:

Bulgaria should be banned from qualifying for the World Cup 2022....which isn't much of a punishment as they've got about as much chance of qualifying as I have being the new SUFC manager.

Bulgaria should be banned from qualifying for the World Cup 2022....which isn't much of a punishment as they've got about as much chance of qualifying as I have being the new SUFC manager.

No, but not allowing them to participate in qualifying will hit them.

Should Southend also be banned because of the racist abuse our own players got from our fans?

Should Southend also be banned because of the racist abuse our own players got from our fans?

During the Milwall friendly? Yes we should have been punished by the FA (perhaps we were, I truly don't know) - but it's a matter of scale. There looked like over 100 Neo-Nazis giving salutes and making monkey noises. It's utterly unnaceptable in any walk of life let alone a football match.

So if not a banishment, would punishment would you insist upon? Any fine is like a sticking plaster on a broken arm. Huddersfield got a bigger fine for a mock-up of a playing kit with a sponsor splashed over the middle than the last time FIFA or UEFA punished a national team for racist abuse.

He's made another statement this morning saying the same, that he didn't hear any racist chanting or monkey noises, or see anyone abusing the England black players. He said it needs further investigating. Incredible. Perhaps he's going to deny the Nazi salutes as well. Denial is just making it so much worse. Perhaps he's going to deny that their fans have already got form for it, with the closing of the stand and a paltry EUFA fine. The monkey noises started when both teams were warming up before the match. Perhaps he didn't hear that as well.

The President of Bulgaria has demanded that the held of the Bulgarian FA resign and I hope he'd be followed by the manager, plus the cameraman who told Gareth Southgate to f*** off after the TV interview.

It certainly paints the entire country in a bad light.

He's made another statement this morning saying the same, that he didn't hear any racist chanting or monkey noises, or see anyone abusing the England black players. He said it needs further investigating. Incredible. Perhaps he's going to deny the Nazi salutes as well. Denial is just making it so much worse. Perhaps he's going to deny that their fans have already got form for it, with the closing of the stand and a paltry EUFA fine. The monkey noises started when both teams were warming up before the match. Perhaps he didn't hear that as well.

He heard the boos by English fans during National anthem, so perhaps selective hearing come to mind

Apparently FIFA has strict regulations saying politicians aren't allowed to interfere with their national FA, so Bulgaria could actually get in trouble for this. Hopefully FIFA will show common sense and not get involved but I wouldn't put it past them.

Oh dear. The Bulgarian goalkeeper is now adding to the denial. I like how he starts with, If I am honest, Lol.

Horrendously, Iliev said: "If I am honest, I believe they, the fans, behaved well.''
“There wasn’t any abuse as far as I could hear, and I think the England players overreacted a bit.''
"The public was on a good level – I didn’t hear any bad language used towards their or our players.”

Oh dear. The Bulgarian goalkeeper is now adding to the denial. I like how he starts with, If I am honest, Lol.

Horrendously, Iliev said: "If I am honest, I believe they, the fans, behaved well.''
“There wasn’t any abuse as far as I could hear, and I think the England players overreacted a bit.''
"The public was on a good level – I didn’t hear any bad language used towards their or our players.”

Obviously some characters end up playing in nets for Bulgaria. Didn’t they have the lad wearing the syrup a few years back?

Apparently FIFA has strict regulations saying politicians aren't allowed to interfere with their national FA, so Bulgaria could actually get in trouble for this. Hopefully FIFA will show common sense and not get involved but I wouldn't put it past them.

This is the organisation that have given Qatar a World Cup.....A country that takes passports of its migrant workers and then refuses to pay them....They cant go home and some of them haven't even got the money to phone home.

Its called slavery and there has been over 100 deaths in the last 12 months. Still never mind, as long as we all announce how offended we are by the Bulgarians we can turn a blind eye.

I'm waiting for just one England footballer to state he will boycott the 2022 WC, starting with the qualifiers......Others would follow and FIFA would collapse.

This is the organisation that have given Qatar a World Cup.....A country that takes passports of its migrant workers and then refuses to pay them....They cant go home and some of them haven't even got the money to phone home.

Its called slavery and there has been over 100 deaths in the last 12 months. Still never mind, as long as we all announce how offended we are by the Bulgarians we can turn a blind eye.

I'm waiting for just one England footballer to state he will boycott the 2022 WC, starting with the qualifiers......Others would follow and FIFA would collapse.

Football post of the year.

Back