• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

What i do like as well is that although the game was won,England kept playing attacking football,looking for more goals.Thats what we as fans want.
Some other managers,when they thought the game was won just knocked the ball around,made subs,took a 2-0 win,kept the players fit for there Prem league side and bored the life out of our fans for the last 30 minutes.
Shame that big WHU player..number 9 Antenio..or something is now going to play for Jamaica.Quite like him

What i do like as well is that although the game was won,England kept playing attacking football,looking for more goals.Thats what we as fans want.
Some other managers,when they thought the game was won just knocked the ball around,made subs,took a 2-0 win,kept the players fit for there Prem league side and bored the life out of our fans for the last 30 minutes.
Shame that big WHU player..number 9 Antenio..or something is now going to play for Jamaica.Quite like him

Shsss it's bad enough having 1 Wet Spam player in the team. :Moon: Saying that Rice had been brilliant.

It was an excellent performance, especially given Hungary stood toe-to-toe with Germany and France at the Euros. That said, I think they gave us far too much respect and it cost them. Poland will be a much bigger test.

I'm really warming to the Phillips-Rice partnership in midfield. Initially I thought Phillips was too nervous to play at international level (too many unnecessary negative passes) but he's growing now.

Regarding Antonio, I think we've missed a trick with him. Admittedly he's only become a striker in the past couple of seasons but he's unplayable at the moment and IMO has overtaken Calvert-Lewin in terms of his physicality. Never mind.

Complete reversal in performance today with all the changes in line-up. 1-0 up towards half-time against Andorra is just p***-poor!
Only 3 of the starting lineup featured in the Euros final against Italy (and 2 of them were from the bench), this was always going to be a poor performance despite the opponents.

Should still be good enough a side to put several past an Andorra team that have shown very little intent.

Another 4-0 win for England this time against Andorra.
  • Lingard (18'minutes, 78'minutes),
  • Kane (72'minutes pen),
  • Saka (85'minutes)
Happy Days

An okay result, especially good was the Albania win over Hungary.
England, imo, showed a lack of maturity in the win, like schoolboys all wanting the ball and in a rush going nowhere.

Got the win and that was the most important thing. Would have liked to have seen Bamford kept on when Grealish and Mount come on to give him a bit more of a chance.

Went to Wembley yesterday.

Pretty average showing, bored me to tears to be honest, but par for the course against a side just there to keep the scoreline respectable.

Have to say Jordan Henderson is an absolute beast. Such a workhorse and leader. You wouldn't pick it up on TV, but the bloke is phenomenal, absolutely everywhere and doesn't get the praise he deserves.

I did wonder if the Southend team on saturday would beat the mighty
Andorra, would be close.
Better than that, how about getting England down to The Hall to play us as a preparation for the return fixture.
We could offer a reality trip of a poor stadium, and some work a lot, try hard, opposition defending in numbers with a tall gk.

Pretty average showing, bored me to tears to be honest, but par for the course against a side just there to keep the scoreline respectable.

Have to say Jordan Henderson is an absolute beast. Such a workhorse and leader. You wouldn't pick it up on TV, but the bloke is phenomenal, absolutely everywhere and doesn't get the praise he deserves.
Must be a different bloke to the player I see…..

Your only saying that because you support Liverpool. :Moon:

Must be a different bloke to the player I see…..
Watching players on TV is completely different to watching them in stadiums. It's amazing how different it is. You see movement that you don't see on TV, Emile Heskey and James Milner being two other examples. And Marcus Rashford's pace is absolutely unreal when you watch it live.

I also watched an England v Germany womens friendly a few years back and the difference between the two teams was striking. The Germans were receiving the ball on the half-turn and starting attacks rapidly, whereas England were receiving the ball facing the player and passing it back again even when there was no pressure. You don't see that sort of thing on TV.

There's a reason why Henderson is in the mix for England and Liverpool's key player; @Smiffy was spot on.

James Milner.. Good grief Kris , you have sunk to the bottom now and are dredging.

Back