• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England

better team won.
we have now lost the last 3 games,in fact ,i think lost the last 4 from 6?? won 1,drawn one(won on pens),lost 4.
Hope we dont come bottom of this group,but think we will

[QUOTE="ozzie, post: 2076171, member: 11692"]better team won.
we have now lost the last 3 games,in fact ,i think lost the last 4 from 6?? won 1,drawn one(won on pens),lost 4.
Hope we dont come bottom of this group,but think we will[/QUOTE]

Can't disagree with your opening sentence.

Certainly,can't see us beating Spain away in October.

Otherwise, Is it just Croatia left to play home/away ?

Edit.I see we're due to play Switzerland next on Tuesday.

Last edited:
ok- ish,up to the last third,then nowt(again)..thought that "goal" from Welbeck should have stayed,but 97% of the time,if the keeper gets touched,it does not stand.
If it had been the otherway around,i expect the goal would not have been given.
Thought Spain played the second half in 2nd gear,did not need to do much

ok- ish,up to the last third,then nowt(again)..thought that "goal" from Welbeck should have stayed,but 97% of the time,if the keeper gets touched,it does not stand.
If it had been the otherway around,i expect the goal would not have been given.
Thought Spain played the second half in 2nd gear,did not need to do much

Have to admit I fell asleep for the last 30 minutes (jetlag).Will watch the highlights on ITV later.

Lack of class players in the England set-upwho can cut it at international level and the usual creative-less midfield, too slow and little flair. - exemplified by the hulk Henderson. Defensively slack yet again (remind anyone of another team?) Why does Kane doesn’t look so ponderous? If he’s not fully fit don’t play him, or is he another Sterling - great in the Premier League but an average international player? As for some of the other names being touted for the side like Wilson and Deeney, would hope that’s a joke!

Lack of class players in the England set-upwho can cut it at international level and the usual creative-less midfield, too slow and little flair. - exemplified by the hulk Henderson. Defensively slack yet again (remind anyone of another team?) Why does Kane doesn’t look so ponderous? If he’s not fully fit don’t play him, or is he another Sterling - great in the Premier League but an average international player? As for some of the other names being touted for the side like Wilson and Deeney, would hope that’s a joke!

Yes.This is certainly a worry going forward if England are to build on their successful WC.

Spain look already well on their way to re-establishing themselves and without the need for the tiki-taka play. Their movement made our lads look pedestrian by comparison. The Prem League may have great players but most of the best of ‘em aren’t English.

and sadly our future also has not much chance.
U-17,u-20s....world champions...but not much chance of playing in the first team.
Wonder if that would happen in France,Itaty,Spain,etc...
It would Not happen in Germany

Though the WC had its glorious moments, the reality is that we're not that good.

As soon as we come up against a decent team, our limitations are shown up quite painfully.

The disturbing defensive lapses that allowed Croatia back into the WCSF were evident once more in how we were well and truly caught napping for the eventual winner - good movement from Rodrigo and quite an effective demonstration that not all dead balls into the box have to be aerial by the time they get into the six yard box.

The pace that was supposed to compensate for the lack of midfield creativity wasn't on show on Saturday and both Dele and Lingard, though they tried hard, struggled to make any impact. I've thought that there is a place for Henderson as a fulcrum for the more attacking midfield players and that his energy can be useful but it looked like an early in the season game for him and Dier was more assured in that role when he came on.

Kane still looks out of sorts and Rashford, though pleasing to see him get on the end of Shaw's glorious pass for the first goal, has a habit of bungling great opportunities, i.e. the "scuffer" that he should have scored towards the end.

On the plus side … good work from Luke Shaw for the opening goal. However, his defending before the equaliser was a bit schoolboyish, i.e. diving in and getting skinned. I'm hopeful that he'll bring more to the left wing-back role in the longer-term though.

Key points for me are pace, which we lack, and having genuine class / international quality players, not just a bunch of Prem League prima-donnas. I've tried hard to see what Henderson brings to the side but it's always the same repetitive slowing down of play and creating very little, he never takes on the ball and drives forward as we so often witness with other teams midfielders. Cannot see the point in sticking with him. Defensively we're often half-a-yard too slow, the Spain and Croatia goals were all avoidable, but the top level strikers (other than Englands) thrive on such hesistancy. Rashford's finishing is generally poor and shows no sign of improving. How long has he been working on it? Maybe Kane just can't cut it at top level?As for Alli, didn't realise he was playing, imo he needs to contribute a lot lot more to maintain a regular place. Might as well give Sessignon an outing against the Swiss, doubt he'd do worse than what was on display on Saturday.

Key points for me are pace, which we lack, and having genuine class / international quality players, not just a bunch of Prem League prima-donnas. I've tried hard to see what Henderson brings to the side but it's always the same repetitive slowing down of play and creating very little, he never takes on the ball and drives forward as we so often witness with other teams midfielders. Cannot see the point in sticking with him. Defensively we're often half-a-yard too slow, the Spain and Croatia goals were all avoidable, but the top level strikers (other than Englands) thrive on such hesistancy. Rashford's finishing is generally poor and shows no sign of improving. How long has he been working on it? Maybe Kane just can't cut it at top level?As for Alli, didn't realise he was playing, imo he needs to contribute a lot lot more to maintain a regular place. Might as well give Sessignon an outing against the Swiss, doubt he'd do worse than what was on display on Saturday.

I think Sessignon would definitely be worth an outing against the Swiss. I don't think Rose has quite got it in that WB position but Sessignon may well have.

I think Sessignon would definitely be worth an outing against the Swiss. I don't think Rose has quite got it in that WB position but Sessignon may well have.

What's clear is that when Sess does get into the side,he'll be there for the next 10 years.

He played well for the under 21's at the weekend,apparently.

Well it tells me how much I bother with the Prem these days and England as I have no idea who Sess is.

Sessegnon hasn't really got up to speed in the PL yet so I think it's a bit too early for him to move into the seniors. With Shaw out I'd give Rose a run-out.

Sessegnon is only 18 so there's absolutely no rush.

U-17,u-20s....world champions...but not much chance of playing in the first team.
I wonder how long before the lunatics at the fa start talking about prem B teams in league one again. But at least we haven't reached the point where the BBC report a win over albania as if it were a major achievement

Give it time BaBa,give it time....England are working on it.
What i do not understand as well,think it was about the 80th minute,near the end and Rashford broke down the left wing,he is suppose to be fast,so ive read, i thought he had the beating of the defender...i thought "skin him" then run with the ball towards the pen area,cut in and have a shot or push it to someone to have a shot.Please dont just cross it over as we normally have only Kane near goal.But what he done,again,like sterling done too often in the WC...he put his foot on the ball and stopped then looked for someone to pass to and passed it sideways or backwards.Would like to see them take players on more often and go inside and shoot,a bit like Lingard done in the WC.IMO,we do that often enough.

The problem is that the primary motivation for clubs to develop kids is because they can't afford to buy talent, all the premier league clubs are rich so they don't need to worry. If you look at Barcelona they only have one Spanish player under 25 that's come through their youth system at the moment because like premier league clubs they are rich enough to not need to play the youth. Money means you can buy good players, so why risk kids that might flop?

If our kids are serious about developing they need to either look towards the championship or look abroad, there are plenty of Spanish and German clubs willing to take on hot prospects in the hope that they'll be able to pick someone up on the cheap and turn him into a £10+ player because that's how they stay afloat.

Back