• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

English Premier League returns

As expected, the bigger news though is that BBC have managed to get the rights to 4 matches and Sky have said they'll be sticking 25 matches on Pick (a Freeview channel they own). I'm sure it will go back to normal next year but it's good a fair number of the matches will be free for everyone to watch.

As expected, the bigger news though is that BBC have managed to get the rights to 4 matches and Sky have said they'll be sticking 25 matches on Pick (a Freeview channel they own). I'm sure it will go back to normal next year but it's good a fair number of the matches will be free for everyone to watch.
I understand your point BUT it is NOT a good thing to have the games on a free to view. Kids will want more and more, parewill give in , Sly will increase their numbers, clubs will sell the gear and meanwhile the EFL will be left going bust and with a dearth of new fans.

FA Cup back as well. QF 27/28 June, Semis 11/12 July, Final 1st August.

What with the European competitions back you have to wonder at the quality of these games. The players will be knackered.

Wouldn't it had made sense to can the cups?

FA Cup back as well. QF 27/28 June, Semis 11/12 July, Final 1st August.

What with the European competitions back you have to wonder at the quality of these games. The players will be knackered.

Wouldn't it had made sense to can the cups?
have they not got the new rule that 5 subs,or half the outfield team can be subbed?

A Norwich player has tested positive for COVID-19 and played in their friendly against Tottenham. Does that now mean they will all have to isolate for 14 days?

A Norwich player has tested positive for COVID-19 and played in their friendly against Tottenham. Does that now mean they will all have to isolate for 14 days?
Apply the test, track and trace routine and it is very likely that all the Norwich squad should isolate and maybe even the Spurs players if they were face to face with him for 15 minutes or more. That said, I bet it's just him banged up as they are Premiership players and they've got games to play!

Apply the test, track and trace routine and it is very likely that all the Norwich squad should isolate and maybe even the Spurs players if they were face to face with him for 15 minutes or more. That said, I bet it's just him banged up as they are Premiership players and they've got games to play!

Yep it seems that getting the Premiership up and running is the most important thing at the moment.

I’ve just seen someone on Sky Sports News explain this. Apparently he didn’t come into contact with any of the players of both sides within 2 metres for 15 minutes or more.... WHAT! Apparently this is government guidance so no isolation is required.

Im lost! Didn’t know the virus waits until the 16th minute to infect anyone. They make this **** up as they go along.

No lower league club supporter should pay to watch this, not now, not ever.

It will be interesting to see what sort of refund iFollow come up with for those missing games this season and what their new offer is for next season's games (many of them which will be held behind closed doors,presumably.It's still rather quiet on the IFollow front atm.

First game back and Sheffield United are denied a win thanks to Hawkeye breaking and not awarding them a goal that was clearly over the line.

It's on youtube though, so how did that occur?
Hawkeye works by a bunch of cameras tracking the ball from different angles which gets fed into a computer that can calculate where exactly the ball is on the pitch. Apparently the position of the ball meant the goalkeeper, defender and the post were blocking the view of different cameras which resulted in the computer having no idea where the ball was. You'd think someone on the VAR team could have pointed out the error but I guess the rules would prohibit them from doing that (I suspect that will quickly be changed from now on).

Enjoyed watching both games last night - the crowd noise didn't bother me. David Luiz had his usual catastrophic game!

Back