• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
now, i have sat back dring the last 7 games, careful not to be one of the voices of decent. however, after spending my friday evening listening to that, in my humble opinion it is time for a change.

i do not profess to have the answers but in my defence, i am not paid to make these kind of decisons.

i sit here in dread waiting for a stuttering post match press conferance where bad luck or the quaility of the half time oranges is blamed for a 7th game without a win. oh and 2 3 goal drubbings in the last couple of away games to boot.

these are tilsons players for better or worse. i am well aware of the tremendous feats this manager has bought to our little seaside club. all i read is how he took us from the brink to enjoy some of the finest sucess's in our history and for that of course i doff my cap (or in this case a very fetching trillby, i dressed up for tonights occasion)

perhaps steve is a victim of his own glories. but with the best will in the world, we are hading back down the pyramid and for those who disagree i suggest you smell the nescafe. a lot has been put on the return of the lad from chelsea but ask yourself this. why on earth would he want to come back? im sure he looks out for our results and who could blame him for thinking he could do better?

the back 4 is not good enough for this level (and thats soon to be depleated further) barnard isnt physically strong enough. yeah macca has had an operation and bless him for bringing himself back into contention but lets face it. he has no competition for his place.

as i said above. i dont have the answers. but this situation isnt good enough and i fail to see how we get out of it. yes the window opens in a couple of weeks but as per my point about sawyer, who wants to join a team in freefall?

i love the club and i hope upon hope tilly can turn it around. but maybe he has done all he can.

Bobby Greenberg

A reasonable post in the circumstances, and I hope things will turn around too. I have faith that things will improve, look at this time last year.

For arguments sake, let's suppose a new manager was appointed. He would have the same problems Tilson has of attracting calibre players to us on our current budget and league position.

41vXXR78L6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

For arguments sake, let's suppose a new manager was appointed. He would have the same problems Tilson has of attracting calibre players to us on our current budget and league position.

good point. devils advocate though. what tillys doing is not working. do we just leave it with him?

Not a bad point at all, I too am worried although not overly, lets see what we can do in the january window and give tilly the chance to put things right I think he deserves that nay he has more tnan earned it, if at the end of the season things are still grim hen maybe it could be time for a change.

Not a bad point at all, I too am worried although not overly, lets see what we can do in the january window and give tilly the chance to put things right I think he deserves that nay he has more tnan earned it, if at the end of the season things are still grim hen maybe it could be time for a change.

its also a question of how much money he is given to put things right aswell tho...spend a fortune and get it wrong, quite rightly he will be hung out to dry.....given next to nothing to sort it out and fail, will it still be fair?

The problems we've got at the moment are mainly ones of balance. We haven't found the right combinations. I think Tilly has been barking up the wrong tree on a couple of occasions eg Milsom and McCormack instead of Grant; or Betsy and Stanislas/HRK both on the wings.

As for those advocating change, I'd argue what we need is consistency. We've barely played the same team two games in a row all season.

How many chances does he need to put it right? For gods sake we are going to be in serious trouble very soon. Lets put it right before its to late. Tilly you've been a loyal servant but all good things come to an end. Best to go before the fans turn against you.:headbang:

The problems we've got at the moment are mainly ones of balance. We haven't found the right combinations. I think Tilly has been barking up the wrong tree on a couple of occasions eg Milsom and McCormack instead of Grant; or Betsy and Stanislas/HRK both on the wings.

As for those advocating change, I'd argue what we need is consistency. We've barely played the same team two games in a row all season.

All points to TIlly being tactically naive at the best of times really, he aint got a clue about who should play where and with whom alongside.

There is no short term fix to this, our players are simply not good enough and that is down to Tilly.

now, i have sat back dring the last 7 games, careful not to be one of the voices of decent. however, after spending my friday evening listening to that, in my humble opinion it is time for a change.

i do not profess to have the answers but in my defence, i am not paid to make these kind of decisons.

i sit here in dread waiting for a stuttering post match press conferance where bad luck or the quaility of the half time oranges is blamed for a 7th game without a win. oh and 2 3 goal drubbings in the last couple of away games to boot.

these are tilsons players for better or worse. i am well aware of the tremendous feats this manager has bought to our little seaside club. all i read is how he took us from the brink to enjoy some of the finest sucess's in our history and for that of course i doff my cap (or in this case a very fetching trillby, i dressed up for tonights occasion)

perhaps steve is a victim of his own glories. but with the best will in the world, we are hading back down the pyramid and for those who disagree i suggest you smell the nescafe. a lot has been put on the return of the lad from chelsea but ask yourself this. why on earth would he want to come back? im sure he looks out for our results and who could blame him for thinking he could do better?

the back 4 is not good enough for this level (and thats soon to be depleated further) barnard isnt physically strong enough. yeah macca has had an operation and bless him for bringing himself back into contention but lets face it. he has no competition for his place.

as i said above. i dont have the answers. but this situation isnt good enough and i fail to see how we get out of it. yes the window opens in a couple of weeks but as per my point about sawyer, who wants to join a team in freefall?

i love the club and i hope upon hope tilly can turn it around. but maybe he has done all he can.

Bobby Greenberg

Good post - 100% agree!!!

All points to TIlly being tactically naive at the best of times really, he aint got a clue about who should play where and with whom alongside.

There is no short term fix to this, our players are simply not good enough and that is down to Tilly.

Our players are good enough. We just haven't found the right balance yet.

I would trust Tilly to find the right balance over any other realistic managerial candidate. If we get rid of Tilly like that **** on BBC Essex/Bluesworld was suggesting - when not giving out Ron Martin's private mobile phone number - we aren't going to be able to attract a manager with a managerial CV anywhere near as accomplished as Tilly's, because Mourinho is on too much £££ at Inter, Fergie is probably going to retire soon anyway and Wenger has lost a few games this season which means all his other achievements can be forgotten.

Yes but surely it has been possible to find better defenders than Clarke and Francis? Getting two wingers in on loan when we were crying out for defenders was a big mistake, and we've seen nothing of Feeney! Add to that playing players out of position, not playing to certain players strengths (Hooper, Laurent), discarding home grown players for loanees who are no better (Moussa).

Our players are good enough. We just haven't found the right balance yet.

I would trust Tilly to find the right balance over any other realistic managerial candidate. If we get rid of Tilly like that **** on BBC Essex/Bluesworld was suggesting - when not giving out Ron Martin's private mobile phone number - we aren't going to be able to attract a manager with a managerial CV anywhere near as accomplished as Tilly's, because Mourinho is on too much £££ at Inter, Fergie is probably going to retire soon anyway and Wenger has lost a few games this season which means all his other achievements can be forgotten.

If Tilly doesnt know the right balance by now we are in trouble, we are closer to relegation zone than play offs, which can be forgotten now.

the budget is tighter than a ducks arse even if we had fergie in charge he would have the same problems.

most who understand knew the team at the start of season would be mid table or flirting with the drop,yet tilly somehow managed with the aid of loaness to get us into the top 7.

we all knew as soon as the loan lads left we were in trouble.

If Tilly doesnt know the right balance by now we are in trouble, we are closer to relegation zone than play offs, which can be forgotten now.

I would guess about 95% of clubs in the football league are still searching for the right balance.

The play-offs were always a long shot this season. This season has always been about rebuilding the team and hopefully getting a cup run.

Back