• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brett Angle

First XI
Look even for those most optimistic fans they must now accept that we are now in high summer and therefore the fact that we are not 'on site in spring' at FF (as promised by RM before the Hull FA Cap game on national radio) must equate to that all is still not well re FF.

May I make a suggestion that I'm sure will be subject to initial misgivings by some - but nevertheless needs I believe to be put out there on the basis that the fans have such little leverage over the club these days.

The suggestion is that fans simply refrain from purchasing the new shirt emblazoned with the motif of 'Martin Dawn' until such time that the club come out with a substantive, credible update with regards to FF. I'm not calling for a boycott of matches or demonstrations during the game - far from it. I'm simply calling on the club's hierarchy AGAIN to treat us with a little more respect and this seems like a good way of sending a clear, coherent message - without damaging the club fatally.

As an aside can anyone really contemplate wearing a shirt emblazoned with the name of a company so intrinsically linked with the club's current, perilous predicament? The club's first (and I sincerely hope last) own goal of the season!

Very brave post! :thumbsup:

I too would welcome a proper update on what the hell is going on regarding FF.

But the fans will buy the shirt regardless, the club know this hence the price rise.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment I don't think taking money away from the club is the way to go.

So no, I'm out.

By all means try to think of a way to get information, but not at the expense of finances.

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment I don't think taking money away from the club is the way to go.

So no, I'm out.

By all means try to think of a way to get information, but not at the expense of finances.

I thought we'd pretty much exhausted all options - bar one other .....

Look even for those most optimistic fans they must now accept that we are now in high summer and therefore the fact that we are not 'on site in spring' at FF (as promised by RM before the Hull FA Cap game on national radio) must equate to that all is still not well re FF.

May I make a suggestion that I'm sure will be subject to initial misgivings by some - but nevertheless needs I believe to be put out there on the basis that the fans have such little leverage over the club these days.

The suggestion is that fans simply refrain from purchasing the new shirt emblazoned with the motif of 'Martin Dawn' until such time that the club come out with a substantive, credible update with regards to FF. I'm not calling for a boycott of matches or demonstrations during the game - far from it. I'm simply calling on the club's hierarchy AGAIN to treat us with a little more respect and this seems like a good way of sending a clear, coherent message - without damaging the club fatally.

As an aside can anyone really contemplate wearing a shirt emblazoned with the name of a company so intrinsically linked with the club's current, perilous predicament? The club's first (and I sincerely hope last) own goal of the season!

Agreed 100%

I shall not be buying it!

Hope many follow

#boycottthenewkit

something or someone should be coming out and telling us the most important people at a football club what is going on regarding the new stadium but I will be buying a shirt

something or someone should be coming out and telling us the most important people at a football club what is going on regarding the new stadium but I will be buying a shirt

You are absolutely entitled to that opinion - however you must also accept that is exactly why RM feels and will continue to feel that he can treat fans with such indifference.

Has Chris Phillips attempted to speak to Ron on behalf of the fans and Echo re the late spring promise??.If Sainsbury's have pulled the plug ,we who help pay the bills should be told now

The price is bad enough let alone the crap on the front .
so this season I thought I buy myself a Avec training top and get it online
it costs 18 then they charge you 4 quid for posting it ,then you have got to pay 5 more for postage
recorded delivery that 27 quid all together ,I can't see them selling much this year

People will buy the shirt regardless but I agree the point needs to made somehow to RM that the fans want, and have a right, to know what the genuine situation is with FF. If the whole thing is in serious trouble, tell us. If nothing's likely to happen for at least another 12 months, tell us. We'll get over it. I'm not in favour of divisive demonstrations etc, but maybe a an on-line petition which can be forwarded to the club, and the Echo, to make sure it gets publicity? I wouldn't have a clue where to start with such a thing but someone on here might? Just a thought..

Ron needs to make a statement on FF...definately.

Not buying the kit? All it will achieve is to rob Southend United of more money. Tell me how that helps our perilous predicament?

I'm not sure how a few people deciding not to buy the shirt will make much of a difference; especially when a proportion of them didn't buy last year's shirt because they said the didn't like it.

Most Southend supporters won't even be aware you're boycotting it unless you publicise the fact.

What percentage goes to the club then ,I think you find most goes to nike
I don't think much goes to Nike; Just Sport probably pay wholesale prices for the shirts which is about £7-£10 maybe less. Then a little more to apply the emboidered badges and labels (I'd guess this costs pennies, a quid or so at most). The club get a set amount for each shirt sold if I recall correctly with the lion's share being profit for Just Sport.

Someone will probably know more about the club shop arrangements, including whether they pay the club for the privilege of having the shop franchise.

Back