• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Envy/jealousy throughout football

Good luck to Wrexham, they have had their crap and deserve whatever good times come. However, things I don't like are the media portraying they are a massive club. They are not a massive club, they were averaging 4000 at home pre Reynolds.

Another thing, I have watched a lot of Wrexham games this season and I don't think I've seen run like it! Mullin seems to get away with murder every game, he dives so often and referees blow up almost every time. You'd like to think over a season that the decisions level out, but I don't see that as the case with Wrexham.

Notts are the better footballing team and without poor refereeing decisions I think they would have won the league.

Nothing really matters at all. It’s not the winning , it’s the moment before you win.

What do you think of his comments?
It really is such a damn shame how many fans suffer at the hands of a bad owner.
If his club wasnt **** they would not have gone down .But sadly for him his club were just that and they have gone back from wence they came .

But who bankrolls Arsenal?
Stan Kroenke owns !00% shares at Arsenal. The American multi Billionaire is one of the richest men in the World. It's why they have been able to invest more in players and salaries.
In 2022 his L.A. Rams won The Super Bowl. Arsenal fans were complaining that he was a distant owner, and not coming over from America much. Not complaining now though as the millions rolled in to be spent improving Arsenal. It's the normal rich man's play thing, but in this case he seems to have bought it for his son, Josh. Josh is at and around the club a lot, and is very hands on. He is a non-executive Director. Stan is rarely seen at the club. Josh is also very rich and as his mother Anne Walton Kroenke owns the biggest retailer in the World, Walmart. Stan is the heir to that fortune.
Basically, as in the Wrexham rejuvenation, pumping money in has improved things drastically on the field. It's why our preferred new owner is hopefully a multi million or billionaire. Someone that will bankroll us, and is willing to lose money hand over fist every season. Unfortunately that is the reality, that we are better off with someone that gets his own kicks from using our club as his new toy and project, but is willing to pay for that.

The art is the overused word sustainability. Nearly as bad as transparency. Basically what happens when a rich person decides to bale out or dies. If the club has not got alternative finance they will go down the league as quickly as they climbed up. At least we're not Forest Green where the chairman tells you what you can and cannot eat.

Wrexham are the new Salford.....................as far as the media are concerned.

Congratulations to them for going from 5th to 4th tier of English football, but making yesterdays BBC TV National news at lunchtime, early evening and News at 10, really?

Good luck to Wrexham, they have had their crap and deserve whatever good times come. However, things I don't like are the media portraying they are a massive club. They are not a massive club, they were averaging 4000 at home pre Reynolds.

Agreed, they are not a sleeping giant, they are a fat bloke that needed a hand getttibg off the sofa.

Last edited:
I don’t want a celebrity owner where it’s all about them and their $$$$.

The dream is an owner who helps puts us on an even footing and then let’s the football rather than their bank balance do the talking. An owner who’s a guardian rather than bankroller. In our current situation that’s maybe more fantasy than dream though.

I think the major difference between Salford and Wrexham is that the former is an entirely artificial construct (a bit like Fleetwood Town, but with a sprinkling of glamour).

The latter is a club with a real history - I think they made the last eight of the European Cup Winners Cup once upon a time. That said, they are also a bandwagon with a lot of people clinging on who may or may not stay the distance.

I expect them to be play-offs or better next season.

Whenever a club suddenly has rich owners come in there are all sorts of things said.
But deep down jealousy/envy does come into it at times.

One fan on here hopes that Wrexham "crashes and burns"--Well we are entitled to our opinions.

I am sure that he would feel very differently if RM was removed and a very rich family took over and all of a sudden the club received national publicity but for the right reasons.

Of course many clubs spend beyond their means...What is the point of being concerned about them?

Because SUFC get fantastic gates and Boreham Wood get small ones it does NOT give The Shrimpers the devine right to get into the play offs.

I know that some on here will disagree with me (in a respectful way I hope).
Some feel that football isn't fair---Many things in life are unfair.

The NL is of course difficult to get out of (Of course the top two clubs should get instant promotion).
So who wouldn't take a rich businessman to get out of it?

Most fans of NL clubs would love a slice of what Wrexham have got as a football club.
Who wouldn't want Paul Mullin? (calm down some of you lol)

A club can almost comeback from the dead and be a success.
Just look at Leyton Orient before Justin Edinburgh (may he rest in peace) became manager.

Over to you.

It's the same at all clubs. We are no different.

I personally have no issue with Wrexham.

I'm envious of almost every football fan who doesn't have to worry if there club will be around in a few months constantly.

I think the major difference between Salford and Wrexham is that the former is an entirely artificial construct (a bit like Fleetwood Town, but with a sprinkling of glamour).

The latter is a club with a real history - I think they made the last eight of the European Cup Winners Cup once upon a time. That said, they are also a bandwagon with a lot of people clinging on who may or may not stay the distance.

I expect them to be play-offs or better next season.
It will be interesting to see the increase in crowds at Wrexham once the ground is 4 sided.

RHB said:
It looks like Parkinson isn't top of the pops with the Wrexham owners after their success, or am I reading too much into the story below?

"I didn't make the cut" Parkinson said---What the heck is that meant to mean?

It looks like Parkinson isn't top of the pops with the Wrexham owners after their success, or am I reading too much into the story below?

It also reminded me of a game on one website. If you want to check it out, they have a great article about the responsible game https://betpokies.com/responsible-gaming - read it, appreciate it.
I agree with Mr Napster. It's all about their line-up!

Last edited:
With the players he had at his disposal he should have made it last season, I wonder how long he will last there to be honest . I think if Wrexham had finsihed 2nd on the ladder they wouldnt have got promoted ,think Chesterfield would have . They can thank 2 lousy referees for results against SUFC otherwise doubt they would have won the league.

Back