• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Epson dx3800 printer/scanner?

Winkle

Manager
Has anyone got one of these printers? I was given one recently because the peson that bought it could not run it with windows vista. It worked fine up unto a few weeks ago when my P.C would not boot up properly, it prompted my other half to do a system restore and since then a lot of applications on my P.C have stopped working including this printer. It is not seeing the printer at all and when I plug it in ot says found new hardware "file needed e:\english\winxp_2k\E_DMAI18.DLL" I think possibly there is an error in the registry file but i dont now how to fix it. I have misplaced the original software disc so I cannot reinstall it, but have downloaded it all from epson website but when it prompts me to browse from files for instilation there is nothing thare even though it is all there when I click away.Any advice would encore some green stuff.

It should ask you to specify a location on install...you need to point it to that folder.
The setup and run exe are all in this folder on my desktop. When it prompts me to either run from disc or browse files . I click desktop, instilation folder, but when I open it up ther are no files there yet when I out and go to this folder on my desktop, they are all there.

The setup and run exe are all in this folder on my desktop. When it prompts me to either run from disc or browse files . I click desktop, instilation folder, but when I open it up ther are no files there yet when I out and go to this folder on my desktop, they are all there.

The desktop folder is probably just a shortcut to the folder thay are stored in. You need to point to the original folder, not the desktop shortcut.

The desktop folder is probably just a shortcut to the folder thay are stored in. You need to point to the original folder, not the desktop shortcut.
No its not a shortcut, i dragged the instilation folder into c:drive and tried to open it there but it still shows there is nothing there yet again when I click out and look without browsing for files in the printer setup they are there.

No its not a shortcut, i dragged the instilation folder into c:drive and tried to open it there but it still shows there is nothing there yet again when I click out and look without browsing for files in the printer setup they are there.

Does it look for certain ytpeds of files only..MAy need to change to all files in dropdown...Alternatively, re-download.

This is the same problem http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=56361&prodoid=53540922&foid=61044 only when I go to the epson folder to to try and delete "PMATEDX " in the "PrinterDriverTemp" folder
in steps 6.7 the temp folder is not there. If I open files in other folders. it is showing nothing there either when browsing. Could I have switched off "show all files including hidden when browsing?

Quite possibly...you need to open an explorer window>tools>folder options>view>check show hidden files and folders.

Quite possibly...you need to open an explorer window>tools>folder options>view>check show hidden files and folders.
Ticked folder has not helped,i t is still asking me for this missing file "E_DMAI18.DLL" think its a xp driver or epson driver but I have searched and cant find it anywhere.

I have a missing .dll file relating to my Dell printer too, doesn't affect the performance of the PC or the printer though.

Downloaded epson drivers again and Managed to get it working, for how long god only nows, cheers all!

Back