• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eren Kinali/Miles Mitchell-Nelson

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Anyone heard anything about these two recently?

A year ago both were featuring in L1 and as far as I can see Kinali hasn't played a match since October and MMN since November. It doesn't help that the u23s have had virtually no matches and loan opportunities are limited to the Conference South but this must be harming their development as combined with the last season being curtailed they have missed a year of development at a critical time.

Nothing, shame as I saw them both live a couple of times and I liked MMN and thought Kinali had a bright future. They signed new deals and haven’t seen much of them since.

Eren Kinali is the one I am most surprised about. I know for a fact he is/was very highly regarded at the club, was one of Sol's favourites and we have all seen Ricky Duncan publicly big him up. I just get the impression that MM does not rate him, think he was the first to be deregistered and since the embargo was lifted Molesley decided to register Michael Klass and Rob Howard.

Not so surprised about Miles Mitchell-Nelson, made some obvious errors and was being moved about by Sol a few times. Defensive midfield to CB and even got moved to RB. MMN I thought in particular had a bad game at the start of the season, the checkatrade trophy game against West Ham u23s. Looked really out of his depth in that one, hasn't been seen since.

But they both still have time to develop.

I can't recall the poster who said it but didn't someone claim that the deregistered players were promised another year extension on their contracts to make up for it? I could be way off there

I can't recall the poster who said it but didn't someone claim that the deregistered players were promised another year extension on their contracts to make up for it? I could be way off there

I don’t know if the same applies to MMN and Kinali, but the echo definitely reported that Ralph and Gard were having new contracts negotiated, seemingly as an incentive to be de-registered following their season ending injuries.

Anyone heard anything about these two recently?

A year ago both were featuring in L1 and as far as I can see Kinali hasn't played a match since October and MMN since November. It doesn't help that the u23s have had virtually no matches and loan opportunities are limited to the Conference South but this must be harming their development as combined with the last season being curtailed they have missed a year of development at a critical time.
No and glad we havent ! Not needed and when they have played they havent pulled up any trees!

Like the both of them but we threw them into the first team too soon, they weren't ready yet. In time they could be solid players for us

Eren Kinali is the one I am most surprised about. I know for a fact he is/was very highly regarded at the club, was one of Sol's favourites and we have all seen Ricky Duncan publicly big him up. I just get the impression that MM does not rate him, think he was the first to be deregistered and since the embargo was lifted Molesley decided to register Michael Klass and Rob Howard.
I'd be surprised if Kinali hasn't been re-registered. There's a squad limit of 22 players in League 2 but under 21s don't count towards that limit, as Kinali is 20 there's no reason not to register him again. The only reason we had to deregister him is because the embargo doesn't have the under 21s exception.

I am more surprised about Philips. I thought he was one of our better players at the end of last season. I believe he has the potential to being a very decent player. Not sure why he was not given more of an opportunity especially at the beginning of the season.

I am more surprised about Philips. I thought he was one of our better players at the end of last season. I believe he has the potential to being a very decent player. Not sure why he was not given more of an opportunity especially at the beginning of the season.

Wasn't he injured at start of season. Surprised he hasn't been used more as sub - as you say one of the better players last season

Kinali is 21 next month, Mitchell-Nelson was 20 in November.
Harry Phillips is 23 and has a contract until the end of next season with another year’s option.

Harry looks technically good with an eye for a pass and seems skillfull. But he looks incredibly lightweight and in the EFL trophy games did not appear to have the strength required and got caught in possession too often and slipped when turning.
I would be surprised if he gets another first team chance here.

Ricky Duncan thought that last season was too early for MM-N. I would be surprised if he gets another look in now, particularly as Hobson seems to got some consistency and Richard Taylor who is only 20 is favoured and moved ahead of MM-N.

Kinali looked like he would progress but we've now signed Louis Walsh.

I reckon that MM doesn’t think they will actually be able to make that next step up.

Terrell Egbri looks as if he may make the grade and possibly Tom Clifford. Lewis Gard - again looked the part occasionally but another bad knee injury.

They all need to be playing in men’s football which of course is impossible this season.

Not so surprised about Miles Mitchell-Nelson, made some obvious errors and was being moved about by Sol a few times. Defensive midfield to CB and even got moved to RB. MMN I thought in particular had a bad game at the start of the season, the checkatrade trophy game against West Ham u23s. Looked really out of his depth in that one, hasn't been seen since.

But they both still have time to develop.

Similar to you mate. Kinali ended the season strongly against Bristol Rovers, one of the best performances from a player last season IMO. I know that's big praise but that's how impressed I was with him. He also seemed to have a good pre-season as well so it seems odd he's been completely cast aside.

As you say regarding MMN he was prone to a few errors and Sol would position him to accommodate. That's not to say I didn't think he did well last season, I liked what I saw for the most part. However I saw him in pre-season against Hullbridge and I can completely understand why he hasn't been near the team this season. Well off the pace and looked like he enjoyed his summer.

A loan would be best for all concerned

Similar to you mate. Kinali ended the season strongly against Bristol Rovers, one of the best performances from a player last season IMO. I know that's big praise but that's how impressed I was with him. He also seemed to have a good pre-season as well so it seems odd he's been completely cast aside.

As you say regarding MMN he was prone to a few errors and Sol would position him to accommodate. That's not to say I didn't think he did well last season, I liked what I saw for the most part. However I saw him in pre-season against Hullbridge and I can completely understand why he hasn't been near the team this season. Well off the pace and looked like he enjoyed his summer.

That's the exact game that came to my mind as well, he was the best player on the pitch that day. You can see his assist for Egbri's goal at 1:13 minutes of the highlights here

Really busted a gut to make sure he got the ball across the goal line.

I wasn't at the Hullbridge game like yourself but had a mate who was. Said the same thing as you, also even said he thought the CB next to Miles, think his name was Jimmy Wallace who is a 16/17 year old scholar actually performed better.

That's the exact game that came to my mind as well, he was the best player on the pitch that day. You can see his assist for Egbri's goal at 1:13 minutes of the highlights here

Really busted a gut to make sure he got the ball across the goal line.

I wasn't at the Hullbridge game like yourself but had a mate who was. Said the same thing as you, also even said he thought the CB next to Miles, think his name was Jimmy Wallace who is a 16/17 year old scholar actually performed better.
Seen him twice now and been impressed both times. Good left foot and don't mind putting his head where is hurts

I know it's a turn of phrase and not intended that way but I think we need to remember the summer these players had.

No football from March to August. I don't know what MMN's personal circumstances and living arrangements were but in contrast to some of the older, more established players I suspect many of the youngsters would not necessarily have had a home gym or even a garden (he's a London boy isn't he and as I know only too well space is at a premium there) and no/limited gym access. If he was in a crappy bed-sit with limited cooking facilities/back home with his parents and his mum did all the cooking he might not even have had as much control over his diet as he'd like. It's not surprising that some come back less prepared than other. This was an unprecedented challenge and I think one which will have knocked back the progress of many. Some may never recover from that.

I know it's a turn of phrase and not intended that way but I think we need to remember the summer these players had.

No football from March to August. I don't know what MMN's personal circumstances and living arrangements were but in contrast to some of the older, more established players I suspect many of the youngsters would not necessarily have had a home gym or even a garden (he's a London boy isn't he and as I know only too well space is at a premium there) and no/limited gym access. If he was in a crappy bed-sit with limited cooking facilities/back home with his parents and his mum did all the cooking he might not even have had as much control over his diet as he'd like. It's not surprising that some come back less prepared than other. This was an unprecedented challenge and I think one which will have knocked back the progress of many. Some may never recover from that.
I can vouch for the living arrangements issue, it's hard enough staying fit from home even when you're not a pro athlete so I can only imagine the challenges some of these younger lads might have had.

It's a fair point actually and not one I'd considered.

I was having a chat with someone around the time of this Hullbridge game actually and they were massively concerned at the time about how some of these youngsters may progress due to the strains being put on them as a result of pretty much being 1st teamers at the time. It's easy to forget that some of these lads are literally still growing and the break did a few of them zero favours. I think we can see that in a few of them this season as not many continued their form going into this season

It's a fair point actually and not one I'd considered.

I was having a chat with someone around the time of this Hullbridge game actually and they were massively concerned at the time about how some of these youngsters may progress due to the strains being put on them as a result of pretty much being 1st teamers at the time. It's easy to forget that some of these lads are literally still growing and the break did a few of them zero favours. I think we can see that in a few of them this season as not many continued their form going into this season

Strains from a mental or physical perspective?

I think only Egbri carried forward their form. The others - Kelman, Gard, Bwomono, Phillips, Clifford, Mitchell-Nelson, Kinali all took a step backwards. Getting first team experience would have been so valuable and they finished on a high but they then didn't get the chance to implement any lessons learnt for 6 months. Rotten timing at such an important stage of their development.

Strains from a mental or physical perspective?

I think only Egbri carried forward their form. The others - Kelman, Gard, Bwomono, Phillips, Clifford, Mitchell-Nelson, Kinali all took a step backwards. Getting first team experience would have been so valuable and they finished on a high but they then didn't get the chance to implement any lessons learnt for 6 months. Rotten timing at such an important stage of their development.
It was more physical. I can't remember most of it so forgive me for not being able to actually answer the question but it was around players growing, maturing, muscle fatigue etc. Going from playing too much to not at all, then too much again could have a massive adverse affect on youngsters basically. It can actually affect their growth as a result

Back