• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eric Odihambo / Richie Foran

That link also confirms then that recent trialist Lee Cox has signed for Inverness.

August Bank Holiday Saturday - Caley v County. That's one hell of a derby game.

3 weeks before that is Nairn v Clach (if Clach hang around long enough to play it) which is a game I have to get to as well. A day out in Nairn is one of life's simple but wonderful pleasures.

August Bank Holiday Saturday - Caley v County. That's one hell of a derby game.

3 weeks before that is Nairn v Clach (if Clach hang around long enough to play it) which is a game I have to get to as well. A day out in Nairn is one of life's simple but wonderful pleasures.

CMON the Lilywhites !!!

I am in Inverness for just a week this year, Clach are at home on the day we leave so I am likely not to see them this time, unless I can peruade the Mrs that I can go away to Forres the day we arrive.
And I miss Leeds and Borient at RH.....

We'll have to see if the social club's still there or if they've knocked it down yet. If you're lucky, sometimes on a weekday afternoon the Caley Thistle reserves have a league game there. They might have a League Cup game or something midweek too.

It'll also be interesting to see how Strathspey Thistle and Turriff United fare. If rumours are to be believed, Strathspey have a fair wad behind them.

Don't forget the pies though. If you can't get to Grant Street Park you can buy them right by the Victorian Market.

We'll have to see if the social club's still there or if they've knocked it down yet. If you're lucky, sometimes on a weekday afternoon the Caley Thistle reserves have a league game there. They might have a League Cup game or something midweek too.

It'll also be interesting to see how Strathspey Thistle and Turriff United fare. If rumours are to be believed, Strathspey have a fair wad behind them.

Don't forget the pies though. If you can't get to Grant Street Park you can buy them right by the Victorian Market.

Voted best Football pies in the IK recently

Strathspey are still struggling to get ready for season, real planning issues

I really can't see how the three got in ahead of Banks O'Dee , but then again which chairman would vote for a team likely to finish above them in the league.

Have yo tried this forum ? http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/

Good Highland league section , although there are a lot of very bitter , pre-merger Caley fans

Cheers for that. I have an uncle that is particularly scathing Caley Thistle and organised an impromptu party in the Chieftain Hotel bar when Falkirk sent them down. I can see where all the emnity is coming from.

When I was a kid he took me to a Scotland v Iceland Under 21's quarter final (in the days when it was just 2 legs all the way to the final) at Kingsmills Park and I saw plenty of Thistle games, even though he's a Ross County man (born in DIngwall).

To see all that just thrown away (and also at Canal Street where a Currys now stands in place of Caley's spiritual home) just so a few businessmen could make a few million whilst at the same time appearing to be the saviours of Inverness football leaves a nasty taste in the mouth for an awful lot of people.

It's how Inverness City have come into being and it wouldn't surprise me if they rivalled Caley Thistle in terms of support in a few years judging by the number of car stickers evident in the city centre and attendances they're getting.

What that has to do with Richie Foran? A player happy to sit on his arse, take his money, then run, has gone to a club whose ethics bear striking similarities.

Cheers for that. I have an uncle that is particularly scathing Caley Thistle and organised an impromptu party in the Chieftain Hotel bar when Falkirk sent them down. I can see where all the emnity is coming from.

When I was a kid he took me to a Scotland v Iceland Under 21's quarter final (in the days when it was just 2 legs all the way to the final) at Kingsmills Park and I saw plenty of Thistle games, even though he's a Ross County man (born in DIngwall).

To see all that just thrown away (and also at Canal Street where a Currys now stands in place of Caley's spiritual home) just so a few businessmen could make a few million whilst at the same time appearing to be the saviours of Inverness football leaves a nasty taste in the mouth for an awful lot of people.

It's how Inverness City have come into being and it wouldn't surprise me if they rivalled Caley Thistle in terms of support in a few years judging by the number of car stickers evident in the city centre and attendances they're getting.

What that has to do with Richie Foran? A player happy to sit on his arse, take his money, then run, has gone to a club whose ethics bear striking similarities.

City are having problems of their own though, successful in their first season in Junior Football despite being kicked out of the Northern meeting ground with a handful of games still to play .

My mate was a big Thistle fan, some of his family were involved with the club and he absolutely detests ICT, refusing even to go there when his beloved Celtic visited. He backed down for the first time last season and he said he wanted to shower as soon as the game finished because he felt so dirty.

We first met him in a pub in Inverness when I asked him where the ICT ground was as I fancied catching a game, I was seriously worried for my safety when he reacted , then he said if we wanted to see a proper team meet him in the pub the next day, we did, he took us to see the Clach and we have been mates ever since.

Back