• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yellow Army

Members
Quite simply dissapointing with the views on the threads lately.

Tilson Out? your having a laugh. We didn't expect to be in this leauge this season, and we should be thank-full to him (and the players of course) that we are playing at this level. All you have to do is cast you minds back to 03/04 season and look at the leauge table this time then, bottom of Leauge 2 i beleive. Not only did we have an LDV final that season, but was saved from relegation from the confrence (which under wignall seemd very possible) finishing 17th. The following season another LDV Final, and an exciting season finishing 4th in the division and winning the play-offs to go to leauge 1. Last season as we are all pretty much aware we won the division, with some fine football played.

This season, dispite not doing to well in our bred and butter, the Carling cup (including the 1-0 Man u win) is still giving us blues something to cheer about. I for one as a fan wouldn't be calling for the manager to go. Hard work and determination got the club into this division, and i'd rather be travelling to places like the Leeds, Crystal Palaces and Sunderlands, than (no disrepect to them) the bostons, rochdales and maccelsfields of leauge 2. And this season its made a nice change going to an away game with a decent sized crowd and ground.

At the begining of the season the bookmakers made us one of the favioutes to be relegated, and i've never seen a poor bookmaker. I know its frustrating going week in week out without a win, and thats part of football to be annoyed, but did you seriously think that the bubble would continue through the championship and we would be rubbing shoulders with Birmingham and Preston at the top of the table? That is why it is important to get behind and support our new stadium, se we can have the same kind of set up that the larger Championship clubs have, with increased revenues, to help bolster sqauds and training facilities.

We all knew from the start it was going to be a tough season, but you need to stick by Tilly and encourage the lads to give a good performance starting on Saturday v Wolves, and get behind them, not on their back, because its added pressure. be that 12th man of Saturday.

GET BEHIND THE BLUES

n.b I know this is a message board for free speech incase you start moaning, its just nearly as depressing reading threads on here calling for heads as it is losing.
down.gif

But Col Ewe are doing the bis on less resources and probably a smaller budget than us.

Good on them!

But things are seriously wrong at Roots Hall and problems need to be sorted.

Things must change before it's too late.

If we go down, then i can't see a quick return to the championship.

this was not an opening for more negativing mr.kray.
tounge.gif

Also Col Ewe haven't jumped two divisions in two seasons, and been playing League 1 football for some time. And maybe they've got the spark we had last season on the way the the title.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 30 2006,00:11)]this was not an opening for more negativing mr.kray.
tounge.gif

Also Col Ewe haven't jumped two divisions in two seasons, and been playing League 1 football for some time. And maybe they've got the spark we had last season on the way the the title.
I understand that.

But Col Ewe play more as a team than what we do.

As you say ''hard work and determination"....sadly absent in many games this year.

so because you dont like it.. you want us to stop posting..

priceless

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 30 2006,00:03)]Quite simply dissapointing with the views on the threads lately.

Tilson Out? your having a laugh. We didn't expect to be in this leauge this season, and we should be thank-full to him (and the players of course) that we are playing at this level. All you have to do is cast you minds back to 03/04 season and look at the leauge table this time then, bottom of Leauge 2 i beleive. Not only did we have an LDV final that season, but was saved from relegation from the confrence (which under wignall seemd very possible) finishing 17th. The following season another LDV Final, and an exciting season finishing 4th in the division and winning the play-offs to go to leauge 1. Last season as we are all pretty much aware we won the division, with some fine football played.

This season, dispite not doing to well in our bred and butter, the Carling cup (including the 1-0 Man u win) is still giving us blues something to cheer about. I for one as a fan wouldn't be calling for the manager to go. Hard work and determination got the club into this division, and i'd rather be travelling to places like the Leeds, Crystal Palaces and Sunderlands, than (no disrepect to them) the bostons, rochdales and maccelsfields of leauge 2. And this season its made a nice change going to an away game with a decent sized crowd and ground.

At the begining of the season the bookmakers made us one of the favioutes to be relegated, and i've never seen a poor bookmaker. I know its frustrating going week in week out without a win, and thats part of football to be annoyed, but did you seriously think that the bubble would continue through the championship and we would be rubbing shoulders with Birmingham and Preston at the top of the table? That is why it is important to get behind and support our new stadium, se we can have the same kind of set up that the larger Championship clubs have, with increased revenues, to help bolster sqauds and training facilities.

We all knew from the start it was going to be a tough season, but you need to stick by Tilly and encourage the lads to give a good performance starting on Saturday v Wolves, and get behind them, not on their back, because its added pressure. be that 12th man of Saturday.

GET BEHIND THE BLUES

n.b I know this is a message board for free speech incase you start moaning, its just nearly as depressing reading threads on here calling for heads as it is losing.  
down.gif
all this happy clappy get behind the team bollox! I have tried I have sung my heart out but this team don't cut the mustard!!!!! ACCEPT IT!!!!

In fairness Steve if you look at the poll it's a very small vociferous minority that are doing this...and yes your right, they go on and on and on and on and on etc. Well you get my drift.
biggrin.gif

Look, we have 3 home games and 1 away game before xmas..

On our day we are as good as anyone on our own patch and we are more than capable of turning Wolves, Southampton and Birmingham over.. and Luton away is one of the less daunting trips on the road..

Get behind the lads for these 4 games and then let's see where we are then.

I bet at 4.45pm on December 23rd, the table makes for much better reading....infact i'm going to stick my neck on the line and say our current 9 point gap from safety will have been cut down to just 4 or 5 points by then...

What's the point in beating ourselves up about this, just support the team, stop f%cking moaning and maybe, just maybe, we can do our bit in helping the team survive this season.... or have you lot already slit your throats and accepted that we are down, despite the fact we are only 9 points off safety...it's only 9 points guys, 3 wins... which we could get before xmas.

You have to take the rough with the smooth as a Southend supporter, now is the time to show your loyalty..... if it is questioned, then you shouldn't even be a supporter of this football club.

So just do your bit and support, that is what you are there for, it will make a difference believe it or not....

Over to the lemmings......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Nov. 30 2006,08:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 30 2006,00:03)]Quite simply dissapointing with the views on the threads lately.

GET BEHIND THE BLUES

down.gif
all this happy clappy get behind the team bollox! I have tried I have sung my heart out but this team don't cut the mustard!!!!! ACCEPT IT!!!!
The fact that they don't "cut the mustard" is exactly why we need to get behind them, not slag them off at every opportunity. One day we probably will see football at this level again but if we go down this season the vast majority of players in our squad won't ever play at this standard again. If defeat after defeat is hurting us then I'm sure as hell that its killing them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Nov. 30 2006,08:45)]You have to take the rough with the smooth as a Southend supporter, now is the time to show your loyalty..... if it is questioned, then you shouldn't even be a supporter of this football club.
Exactly. Which is why relegation wouldn't be the end of the World. Whilst I want the club to win every match and do as well as they can, at the end of the day I couldn't care less whether we were playing in the Premiership or the Ryman Premier. I support Southend United and my support isn't conditional on which division we're playing in.

Back