• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
We have 13 games left of this season and some things have improved and others are still causing us pain. So, at this point in time do you think we will escape the drop to the National League or is relegation nailed on? This poll expires in 7 weeks so you can change your vote if you change your mind during that time.

Where we are today 06.03.21

Screenshot (95).png

I think we are down already, I’d be amazed if we got out of this situation, I just hope we get as far as the last game of the season and it’s in our own hands, win or bust.

I think it's nailed on we're going down. I try and be positive but it's so hard watching this dross every week.

If you don't score goals, you don't win games. I've thought for weeks now that it would be us and Grimsby that will go down.

Molesley has his work cut out, I think we need to focus purely on us rather than others. If we don’t start scoring goals and winning games then we are dead and buried, what everyone else is doing doesn’t mean ****!

13 games to step up and be a Southend United legend Molesley!

Personally I’ve prepared for the worst and if we manage to pull it off then it’s even better.

The end of league football at Roots Hall or wherever we end up is Blo-dy depressing. Cant see us surviving when MM does not go for the jugular when we play these so called winnable games. I don't blame MM for all our woes, but RM must shoulder most of the blame. We have had several years of mismanagement and neglect of our beloved club. Time unfortunately is up, never ever thought I would be posting anything like this after 44 years of loyal support.

Today game gave me the indication where we are at. Oldham were there for the taking, a team who has conceded the most goals and not had a clean sheet at home all season up till today. we did create chances but again failed to make them count. We had are chance in January to strengthen our forward line but failed which I feel now will cost us are football league status.

I hope I'm wrong and we do stay up! Where there hope, there a chance......

21 goals in 33 games doesn't really give me much belief we will stay up.

RM was delusional for the first quarter of the season, 'I believe this team can push for promotion...' and MM just had to deal with it for the most part. If only you could start the season from 10 games in.

Our form isn't the worst and other teams are free falling... It's not over until it's over!

I still see us surviving by the skin of our teeth. I know some supporters expect Barrow to kick on after their win today but they and Grimsby would have thought the same of us after our win at FGR. I see us winning on Tuesday night. There are 13 games left for us still so plenty of chances at wins and points.

I think it's nailed on we're going down. I try and be positive but it's so hard watching this dross every week.

If you don't score goals, you don't win games. I've thought for weeks now that it would be us and Grimsby that will go down.
But we are the best defensive team in this league or if not the best definitely top 2!! We only need our manager to play the best players and we will give our self a great chance of staying up!! He signed holmes so play holmes,he signed mellis so play mellis shall I go on!!

It's the 2 games in hand that Grimsby and Barrow both have over us that makes me feel sick as a dog.

I just can't think or predict things straight and rationally until we have all caught up
Wouldn't worry about grimsby there usless!! More worried about barrow!!but the teams who should be really worried are the 5 above ! We only need a few wins and we are right back in it and they are all back in the relegation scrap.

We’ll be fine. Nailed my colours firmly to the MM mast early season and I see no reason to fear any different now.

Yes it’s not pretty.....honestly does anyone expect a league 2 relegation battle to be pretty?

It’s about scraping a point when you dont deserve it and stealing all three when you hoped for or deserved only 1.....it’s about other teams not doing that!!

Most of all it’s about winning the right games, picking up points at the right time and scoring goals in the right games....at the right time!

Southend will be playing league 2 football next season.

Wouldn't worry about grimsby there usless!! More worried about barrow!!but the teams who should be really worried are the 5 above ! We only need a few wins and we are right back in it and they are all back in the relegation scrap.
I bet they’re ****ting themselves Steve

I had some optimism then today's subs flipped that over. We cant keep saying so and so team is sinking and bring drawn into the relegation battle. We cant see relying on being less sh*t than the other teams. MM simply doesn't seem able to set up the team to attack. The forest green performance was an anomaly three amazing goals from individuals not a result of tactical genius. We need six yard tap ins, bullet headers, set piece goals, all of which have been lacking all season. Throw all your out of contract players at it you can we simply don't know how to put the ball in the net consistently. I'm voting down.

But we are the best defensive team in this league or if not the best definitely top 2!! We only need our manager to play the best players and we will give our self a great chance of staying up!! He signed holmes so play holmes,he signed mellis so play mellis shall I go on!!

That's the problem. You can go a whole season without conceding a goal and drawing every game but still go down.

When a similar poll came up a few weeks ago I said that I had a good feeling and that I thought we’d do it.
And I still think that.

Wishful thinking? Maybe
But only time will tell...

Back