• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didnt seem that long ago people on here were suggesting a play off position was possible. That aged well. A half decent goal scorer is what separates us from relegation and survival. Not even a good one is required, 10 goal a season will do. Defensively we look solid, but up front different story. Today was unbelievable while we were in the ascendancy he takes off a striker and replaces with a left midfielder. Then goes on to remove the remaining striker as well to play out for a draw. I sincerely hope mm has a plan here to get us out of this situation, but I'm not sure that I can see it.

Still staying optimistic for now. Barrow didn't seem to have a hope in hell of scoring today until Mansfield went down to 10 men, so can't read too much into their result. Col U, Mansfield and Port Vale dropping like stones and doing their best to let us and Barrow reel them in. Still all to play for and we can still stay up.

But we need to start taking our chances and being a bit braver with team selection, tactics and substitutions.

I would like a bit of non league, would be great fun. Grimsby are down and we will catch Col U anyway so its L2 again next season.

Being realistic it looks highly likely we will be relegated. If you don’t score goals you don’t win matches and we just haven’t got the personnel ( fit or otherwise) to do that currently. MM has done well in shoring up the defence but he has been very neglectful in our attacking options right from the offset . My post pre Xmas ‘ who in our squad can actually score a goal ‘ obviously applied then .. we’ve had the opportunity since then to strengthen our forward line but for whatever reason the loan players we did sign (ANG, Sterling and RHF) were just not of sufficient quality and the opportunity to sign others pre January transfer window was not
secured in good enough time. As such we are now reliant on non contracted players and what we already have to make the difference... I really hope I’m wrong but I do fear for us.

We need 47 points I reckon. That's 18 points from 13 matches. 3 draws, 5 wins, 5 defeats. That's a big ask. Which of the 13 games could we win? We have to think that we could win any of them but maybe the best chances are home to Walsall on 23rd March, home to Crawley on 10th April, Away to Colchester on 20th April, home to Orient on 24th April and home to Newport on the final day, 8th May. If we win all of those......I'll be surprised.

I watched Grimsby today btw ..... they weren’t too bad a side and looked more than capable going forward, creating chances and playing some half decent football.....however....they have a terrible tendency to concede very VERY cheap, poor goals....it’s why they will be relegated.

I'm voting survive. Still have faith in MM, doing a decent job in a difficult situation. However, he does need to improve the sub situation, strange decisions today. Two massive home games coming up!

I think we will be relegated, cannot score goals and don’t see where they are going to come from. Have not scored in the last three games and seem to be happy with 0-0 draws.

I would like a bit of non league, would be great fun. Grimsby are down and we will catch Col U anyway so its L2 again next season.

Go and watch Great Wakering then......probably closer than Roots Hall.

After today when i expected this would be one of the games when we would chalk off a win, i feel slightly less optimistic than before ko. We do have 2 home games on the trot and 4 points from possible 6 will see a slight positive shift again, but less than that and it just gets more difficult. The hopeful return of injured players is also a positive, but just how fit/useful they will br remains to be seen.

The fact that we have failed to score in 5 of our last six games is no cause for optimism.

Our last 12 games have yielded 7 goals, Akinola heading in a free kick, Elvis scoring in open play, Ferguson hitting two long range shots, Clifford scoring direct from a free kick, Hobson volleying in a half cleared corner and a good finish from Dieng from open play.

It doesn’t bode well 0-0s aren’t going to be enough.
We might be nice and tight at the back but then no one is encouraged to go forward.

We might be nice and tight at the back but then no one is encouraged to go forward. [/QUOTE said:
This is complete fantasy. We make every effort to go forward. I'm surprised no one is moaning yet about "hoofball" whatever that is. We lack a clinical striker. We know this. It's obvious. Hopefully someone will start to finish what we are becoming quite good at starting.

One things is against us, it’s the history as no one never come straight back down a year after they won promotion to League 2 in the last 33 years. Unless Barrow break the record and become the first side ever to come straight back down after winning promotion from Conference.

I don’t see how we are going to stay up, 21 goals scored from 33 games just isn’t good enough. Numerous games played where we have zero shots on target. The defence has improved since the disastrous first couple of months of the season but unfortunately the forward line hasn’t. Having a left back as top goalscorer with 3 goals says it all. With the personnel we currently have I can’t see this improving significantly enough to keep us up.

One things is against us, it’s the history as no one never come straight back down a year after they won promotion to League 2 in the last 33 years. Unless Barrow break the record and become the first side ever to come straight back down after winning promotion from Conference.

I think Barrow will stay up. We need to draw Port Vale and Colchester into the mire.....

Back