• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont blame MM for our current situation but I dont think he can get us out of it either. RM at his finest - how many successive bad decisions does it take to put us in non league - a fair few in row - he may have achieved what most have never. If I were an owner and I performed so badly I'd offload - that's if I really cared.

I know they have to win their games in hand to make them count but I think Barrow will get at least 3 points from their two and with their superior goal difference that means we have to get two more wins than them, I cant see it now, today for me was it. Last 10 minutes or so we should of been going all out to win...if we lost big wow we lose a point as it was we lost 2 more when we are playing a team riddled by injuries and were poor as hell, they were there for the taking and we just didn't go for it. We need Ferguson closer to the box, he has a wicked shot from distance and rather than the daisy cutters our front 3 seem to like we should get the big gun shooting on site if we can't play our way into the box

I don't think Barrow will go down but Port Vale have only won 1 in their last 10 (and that was whenwe completely collapsed defensively) and Colchester have won 1 in 16. We don't score many but on another day one of those crossbar shots would have gone in. It's going to be painful but I think we can scramble enough balls over the line so long as we stay defensively solid to pull ourselves in front of one of them.

It’s been a really tough season mentally. I think the absence of the weekly release of going down to roots hall, having a pint with your mates before the game, having a chat with all the other lads who sit in the west stand block T around me, I even miss having my half time **** in the hellhole of the west stand gents. Regardless of result what I would give just to have that back.

The results on the pitch have sadly just compounded this feeling of dread. But I have always held on to the hope that we still have plenty of football left to play.

As the weeks go by and the points don’t pile up the sad reality of relegation looms closer and closer. I still hold onto the hope that we will survive but the last 18 months have been so tough at times I almost just wish it would end.

Its simple if we cant score goals we will definitely go down ,MM playing for draws is not the way to go ,Get a striker who can find the back off the net or leave my club, sorry i d not like negative managers

Given the start to the season we had, the embargo and on the back of a dreadful season last year. To be in a position where it is in our hands is a credit to the playing and coaching staff.
6 games ago I took a look at what was needed to stay up. Its around the 48 point mark to be sure . At the time we had half that from 27 games, so same return from 19 games seemed tough but doable. Given that we had only taken 2 points from our first 11 games, means we had taken 22 points from 16. I figured we needed to win 7 draw 3 and have the "luxury" of losing 9. Since then we have got the 3 draws and 1 of the wins.
The clock is ticking and we now need 6 wins from 13. We are going to have press the gamble button soon. Can we do it? I believe we can.
I would like to see us swap Ferguson with Dieng, certainly until Olayinka is back. Dieng just does not anticipate any knock downs from Acquah, and actually ends up trying to be the person winning the knock downs alongside Acquah instead. Would also like to see our wingers interchange more often, but hey one step at a time. Up The Blues!

I wonder how different the votes and sentiments would have been if this thread had been started after Forest Green. Quite a bit, I reckon.
Simpson certainly seems worth the gamble given that we don't have clear cover for Acquah, and like it or not, Acquah's going to be our starting centre forward for the rest of the season. Simpson would be good cover if he's fit and we can get him in before next week (Tranmere just seems too soon).
It's all the more disappointing our xG from yesterday most be at least twice what we had at Forest Green, and whilst the clearest cut of the chances fell to one of our poorest finishers, Hackett-Fairchild should have done better on his shot, as a half-proven finisher.
A poor day at the office yesterday, but we've been sticking it to a few few form teams recently so I'm positive about Tuesday.
4 points from the next two I would take. Let's build up that confidence in front of goal cos we're looking solid again at the back.
So right now, I think we have just enough in us to stay up. Can we show the application? I'm 50/50 on that. It'll be close, but I think we will do it.

We will stay up, on another day Reeco's shot would have clipped the bottom of the bar on the way in, Emile's first header would have been missed by the keeper or his second would have bounced over the line or he would have got the clear penalty from being bundled over going for the rebound and picked up 3 points.

We aren't conceeding many and we are making chances so we will win games, picking up points may well be enough anyway so our first aim should be not to lose, losing every game until the end of the season will see us relegated, draws and the odd win keeps us up

During the last three weeks we have just lost twice in seven games despite playing most of the top seven teams. That tells me we are a chance to beat anyone on our day and I would suggest that winning at least five games from our last thirteen is not an unrealistic expectation.
There are some twists and turns and some ups and downs to come and it is unlikely to be either easy or pretty. We will just have to take it day by day (as will the management).
We have some players coming back from injury which should both strengthen our squad and give us more options. It will be a blow if SimAk is out for a prolonged period and we will have to protect Emile as we cannot afford to lose him through injury.
When you look at our fixtures what we did last month was amazing. Had we done much less than that we would be without hope already.
At the moment I think we look and play like a mid table team albeit a very dour one. If we can continue to grind out results like a mid table team we will be fine.
Even if I am right and we do stay up we will still lose more than one game before the season ends and no doubt we will also fail to score a few times.
As I said already it will be neither easy or pretty but what people need to appreciate is that our most recent results suggest we are not a bad side. 0-0 against Salford and Oldham is not the end of the world or a sign of managerial incompetence.
Stay calm and don't panic folks....am I the only one on here who would much rather be in our position than in Barrow's or Grimsby's?
UTB

well as someone whose team have an interest in this i voted too... I think you'll stay up (with us) and we'll be waving goodbye to Grimsby and either Colchester or Port Vale

In our last 13 games we have gained thirteen points. We need a minimum of eighteen points from the remainder I think. Those two points lost due to Oldham's crossbar could be crucial.....

Stay calm and don't panic folks....am I the only one on here who would much rather be in our position than in Barrow's or Grimsby's?
UTB

I would certainly rather be in our position than Grimsby's. However I think Barrow are in a better position than us and have an easier set of fixtures immediately ahead. Although we have 13 fixtures left to play for it's really only twelve because one of them is against Morecambe and we know how that's going to go.....

Colchester have amassed the grand total of eight points in their last fifteen games. Port Vale have gained nine. Keep it up lads and we will overtake you.....

I would certainly rather be in our position than Grimsby's. However I think Barrow are in a better position than us and have an easier set of fixtures immediately ahead. Although we have 13 fixtures left to play for it's really only twelve because one of them is against Morecambe and we know how that's going to go.....

And another is at Scunthorpe and another at Barrow. Those don’t often go well either.

This is a hard one to call.
Within me I feel we will survive the drop.

I am becoming more and more disillusioned with the team and the whole set up and for the life of me cannot fathom out some of the decisions being made by MM.
I suppose only he knows why.

We cannot rely on other teams here in they hope they will lose. We have to remain focused on our own and what happens with others happens but, we have to learn to take the chances we have and unfortunately we are slowly begging to run out of games to start making up any ground to be safe.

Unfortunately the only problem from yesterday's game was acquar up front,I don't like to single out players but using him as a bull up front is all well and good to stop teams building from the back but when he given a more than one opertunitysm with one on ones to score and doesn't means he effectively useless.when the team builds and plays some good football which we have been recently to know your only outlet is that you can't help but feel its pointless meaning out confidence is suffering and it showed.iv watched every game this season on I watch and iv seen we are good and getting better,we can stay up we just need that upfront man who can hit the target either that be holmes or anyone other than acquar as our overall play has been good I feel

It’s been a really tough season mentally. I think the absence of the weekly release of going down to roots hall, having a pint with your mates before the game, having a chat with all the other lads who sit in the west stand block T around me, I even miss having my half time **** in the hellhole of the west stand gents. Regardless of result what I would give just to have that back.

The results on the pitch have sadly just compounded this feeling of dread. But I have always held on to the hope that we still have plenty of football left to play.

As the weeks go by and the points don’t pile up the sad reality of relegation looms closer and closer. I still hold onto the hope that we will survive but the last 18 months have been so tough at times I almost just wish it would end.
Hit me right in the feelers that. Miss the place.

Back