• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Escape the drop or relegation?

Will we still be in Football League two next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are three big questions still outstanding:

- will Col-U and Port Vale continue falling like bricks
- will we get the lucky breaks in our games
- can Barrow match 44 points?

44 points is still a tough ask for Barrow. They have managed just under a point a game and that form has remained remarkably constant all season. There is as yet little sign that it's improving. They don't play Tuesday evening. That will leave them with 3 games in hand on us but is that really so big an advantage given the detrimental impact it will have on their other 12 scheduled games? A point a game gives Barrow 44 points too.

our form over the season might be slightly misleading - our form under Rob Kelly is what matters. He was in charge of 4 matches in December (between Dunn and Jolley) and has been in charge of the last 4 matches. His stats are;-
P8 W4 D1 L3
The defeats coming against Salford (A), Bolton (A) and our bogey side Harrogate (H)

our form over the season might be slightly misleading - our form under Rob Kelly is what matters. He was in charge of 4 matches in December (between Dunn and Jolley) and has been in charge of the last 4 matches. His stats are;-
P8 W4 D1 L3
The defeats coming against Salford (A), Bolton (A) and our bogey side Harrogate (H)
I see you got nice easy 1 against walsall who haven't won since their manager left. I can see you winning that 1.

Regrettably I am almost ready to concede that relegation is the most likely outcome this season.

We just don't have enough goals in the squad. I know that Acquah has missed chances, but I geniunely feel that the side performs better with him in the side. We have nobody better and he is improving.

I am more disappointed with both Akinola and ANG, both are exciting players, but offer very little in the way of goals. Although Akinola was touted as the Messiah, his record at previous clubs suggested otherwise. Unfortunately that record has followed him here.

I did predict a year ago that we were perfectly capable of succesive relegations, too many wrong decisions at the top of the Club. Just wonder if Ron now regrets sacking Chris Powell. He certainly had an eye for a player and in particular goalscorers. Hopper and Humphrys spring to mind and remember he did bring Ladapo to the Club as well. He has scored a fair few goals since he left, bit didn't shine with us.

We are paying the penalty for living beyond our means for far too long. Ron took too long to appoint MM, shortening the pre season and forcing him to shop for bargains, loans and free agents. Then we couldn't play them because of the embargo.

I do believe that MM has greatly improved the attitude at the Club and defensively we are okay for the first time in many seasons.

I just can't see who is going to score the goals to save us. We need at least 4 points from the next two games to stay in touch with safety, but where are the goals going to come from ?

What we have at the moment wouldn't get us out the National League, so I do fear at least a couple of seasons at that level.

Just so hope I am wrong.

Not saying I think Molesley should be sacked, but I think Martin will pull the trigger in the hope of getting a bounce in form. A bit like he did when Kevin Bond came in. This is a **** division and we have a lot of players - someone must be able to get a tune out of them?

Not saying I think Molesley should be sacked, but I think Martin will pull the trigger in the hope of getting a bounce in form. A bit like he did when Kevin Bond came in. This is a **** division and we have a lot of players - someone must be able to get a tune out of them?
Elton John couldn’t get a tune out of this lot of rag bag has beens and never beens that have been thrown together over the season.

Molesley is completely different to our last 4 managers.
No EFL experience god help us if he is allowed to manage us if we drop into the NL a season later we will be sweating on results against the likes of Concorde Rangers and hoping the other Ranger stays fit.

No EFL experience god help us if he is allowed to manage us if we drop into the NL a season later we will be sweating on results against the likes of Concorde Rangers and hoping the other Ranger stays fit.
So we dropping two leagues are we if we go down:Facepalm:

Given we really started this season 11 games after the other sides it was always a tough ask for us to stay up but I still think we will do so. Just.

There is no point changing the manager, in fact he's doing bloody well we just need to remain hard to beat, something that MM has shown he can make us

After the mid week games, if the form from the last 5 is projected for everybody's remaining games the final bottom 5 looks like:

Barrow 47 points
Colchester 44 points
Southend 41 points
Port Vale 40 points
Grimsby 36 points

Beginning to look as if this could go to the final game of the season. With 0.4 points per game over the last 5, Port Vale are currently showing the worst end of season form.

After the mid week games, if the form from the last 5 is projected for everybody's remaining games the final bottom 5 looks like:

Barrow 47 points
Colchester 44 points
Southend 41 points
Port Vale 40 points
Grimsby 36 points

Beginning to look as if this could go to the final game of the season. With 0.4 points per game over the last 5, Port Vale are currently showing the worst end of season form.

I would be very surprised if Port Vale only got 5 more points between now and the end of the season. They have got goals in them - Dave Worrall is back from injury and Theo is back in favour. Would be ironic if Theo gets us relegated.

Back