• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

4 down.One to go.:omg:

Wakaso was a good spot.How on earth did you get him?

I would like sy it was due to my extensive football knowledge, but that would be a lie.

I've looked at Espanyol squads over recent years, spotted non Spanish players and checked their World Cup squads. Unfortunately I'm too busy to look at the moment but might be able to grab 10 minutes at lunchtime.

Come on Zoners just over two hours to cost Barna a tenner.

Steve finnan. Ahhh just noticed this world cup

Finnan's an interesting one.

He was injured in pre-season training (had a pre-existing injury,apparently) and never actually played a game for Espanyol.

(IIRC,his contract was cancelled by mutual consent).

Pity I was looking forward to seeing him play over here.I remember seeing him impress for Eire against Andorra in an international played at Barça's mini-Estadi back in the day.

You've done me Barna. I'm guessing the last one plays for Spain and at some point was on loan or a youth player at Espanyol.

You've done me Barna. I'm guessing the last one plays for Spain and at some point was on loan or a youth player at Espanyol.

4/5, surely means eight pounds in the SZ coffers, and an additional two for not knowing an Espanyol player that he'd seen play for them. Sounds fair to me.

4/5, surely means eight pounds in the SZ coffers, and an additional two for not knowing an Espanyol player that he'd seen play for them. Sounds fair to me.

No, we didn't get the full 5 that he mentioned so he shouldn't pay for that.
However, I would expect him to pay a £5 fine for getting the player wrong, and as a man of honour I am pretty sure he will.

Phew.

Curiously, the player you missed, was Maxi Rodriguez, who played for Argentina the other night.

He spent three seasons as an Espanyol player before going to Ath.Madrid and Liverpool.

(Guess going back to 2002 was too big an ask).

Yes, I ran out of time around 2007/8 and didn't even consider someone paying in 2002 would figure.

Yeah I went to all those mid-week Europa league games, IIRC.

(Anyway tired after staying up for Portugal /USA last night).

Remember it finished an hour later here!

No it didn't. It finished at exactly the same time, otherwise you could have made a killing at the bookies!

No it didn't. It finished at exactly the same time, otherwise you could have made a killing at the bookies!
Bugger! I was going to ask Barna to put a bet on Holland for tonights match for me.

See Juanfran got a game for Spain earlier.So that's six players who've played or are currently playing for Espanyol that got a game in the group stages of the WC.:winking:

Back