• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Still no fixtures in Southend (booooo) but thought it worth start a thread for Essex's next failed tilt at promotion.

One interesting titbit I have seen this week is that our away T20 clash with Middlesex (July 10th) will be played at Richmond rather than Lord's. Nice little ground at the Old Deer Park, although pretty limited facilities.

I know Middlesex are keen to play more games at their outgrounds but given how many people they could get for a Friday night T20 clash with Essex it seems a curious decision.

Think it's more to do with Lords hosting an Ashes test starting on the 16th rather than a business decision!

I read earlier than Essex are leaving Chelmsford for a season in 2016. The old Chelmsford/North Essex members clinging onto the club all for themselves must be in tears :smile:

Think it's more to do with Lords hosting an Ashes test starting on the 16th rather than a business decision!

I read earlier than Essex are leaving Chelmsford for a season in 2016. The old Chelmsford/North Essex members clinging onto the club all for themselves must be in tears :smile:

Fair point well made :blush:

Reckon I'll try and get a ticket; should be a good evening.

Three centuries today against Cambridge.:thumbsup:

I see KP made 170 for Surrey.

Cricket : Essex CCC

Kent 87 for 5.:thumbsup:

Meanwhile KP joins Sangakkara at the crease for Surrey. Just around 20,000 Test runs between them!

Thanks to Graham Napier's efforts we're at least only trailing by 40 runs with the last wicket pair at the crease.

Grayson OUT!

I don't really follow cricket too closely, but it seems to me that Essex have, in the last few seasons, started off quite poorly, and then had a storming run at the end to only just miss out on promotion. Is that actually the case, or just my perception?

If that is the case, let's hope they scrape a win here...

Did anyone go yesterday?

I guess the pitch was seaming about, like it does tend to do early season.

Whatever happened to Chelmsford being a road to bat on - Essex v. Notts (2007)!

Did anyone go yesterday?

I didn't go - I refuse to go to Chelmsford until the Southend festival is reinstated - but listened to bits on the radio. Don Topley wasn't too complimentary about the batting. Said it was typical April conditions.

At least a couple of wickets before lunch have given us a chance but I'm annoyed at how we're a mixture of the old (6 players over 30 including 3 over 35) and the inexperienced (three players less than 30fc games between them). Where are the players in the peak of their careers?

We've seen so many youngsters learn their game, endured their growing pains and then lost them because they're disillusioned with the Grayson regime.

Did anyone go yesterday?

I went after tea as it's free and I only live a 2 min walk away, looked a very tricky surface, batsmen didn't look in control at all.

I don't really follow cricket too closely, but it seems to me that Essex have, in the last few seasons, started off quite poorly, and then had a storming run at the end to only just miss out on promotion. Is that actually the case, or just my perception?

Certainly the case last year. Looked way out of it mid-summer but finished very strongly. Too little too late though.

I was very surprised and disappointed that Grayson survived the 20 all out (!!!!) debacle against Lancs in 2013.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2013/engine/match/593567.html

Anyone thinking of going to The Oval on June 5th? T20 game v Surrey with Kumar Sangakkara hopefully featuring. Love that player. (And good to see Essex too of course)

Anyone thinking of going to The Oval on June 5th? T20 game v Surrey with Kumar Sangakkara hopefully featuring. Love that player. (And good to see Essex too of course)

:hello:

Also next Sunday at the Oval for the Championship clash too.

Was thinking of the ravi benefit game, with Sanga, Gayle, Jayawardene and others to see Sanga, hero of mine too.

Back