• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Considering we were 69-7 this morning, we're now in the box seat to win this one!

I went after tea as it's free and I only live a 2 min walk away, looked a very tricky surface, batsmen didn't look in control at all.

Haven't been to the County Ground for a while, but am liking the proposed new development there, although I still love the days when it was just that pavilion and a load of sponsors tents and the travelling scoreboard.

A pleasing start to the season.

Yep one good result for Essex today, lets hope there is another tonight!

Still not happy with Grayson though, why pick Panesar when you know you won't bowl spin

Nice to start off with a win. Going to be a tough season with limited resources and a lot will depend on Jesse Ryder producing the same return as last year. In Foster we have a solid captain but I really worry about both our batting and bowling this year - seems weak once once you take out Masters and Topley.

Nice to start off with a win. Going to be a tough season with limited resources and a lot will depend on Jesse Ryder producing the same return as last year. In Foster we have a solid captain but I really worry about both our batting and bowling this year - seems weak once once you take out Masters and Topley.

How many times has Foster got us out of bother over the last 15 years or so? A true titan of Essex cricket, right up there with the likes of Graham Gooch and Trevor Bailey.

Well done Jamie Porter.

Great effort from the young nightwatchman to hang around for an hour and a half.

And well done Foster for the captain's innings.

Still not happy that Grayson's still in charge though.

Well done Jamie Porter.

Great effort from the young nightwatchman to hang around for an hour and a half.

And well done Foster for the captain's innings.

Still not happy that Grayson's still in charge though.

Make you right on all counts there YB.

Great win that and old Fozzie does it again.

How he's played so little Test Cricket is completely beyond me!

142* now.

Extraordinary effort in only his 2nd First Class match.

142* now.

Extraordinary effort in only his 2nd First Class match.

Youngest County Championship centurion since the 1970s and the third youngest ever.

First I've heard of him but has he been 'known' for a while?

Me too, never heard of him before yesterday.

Great for the future and his batting now with Jesse Ryder, so must be a great experience for him and having the likes of KP and Sangakkara on the field.

I'm pretty sure the youngest centurion was also at The Oval - Dominic Sibley of Surrey v Yorks a year or so back.

Youngest County Championship centurion since the 1970s and the third youngest ever.

First I've heard of him but has he been 'known' for a while?

Yep, I think he's been named in England u19 squads already.

Me too, never heard of him before yesterday.

Great for the future and his batting now with Jesse Ryder, so must be a great experience for him and having the likes of KP and Sangakkara on the field.

I'm pretty sure the youngest centurion was also at The Oval - Dominic Sibley of Surrey v Yorks a year or so back.

I think Sibley was the youngest double centurion.

here is the 1-2-3-4...

Ansari has today been called up to the ODI squad for the match v Ireland.

Napier has just taken him for 19 off the over.

Back