• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks 'Yorkshireblue' and 'UncleLeo'.

Of course, yes, the youngest double centurion.

Noticed Josh Cobb there on that list.

He was one of the great hopes for the future a little while back.

Not really an Essex story any more, but there are reports that Tymal Mills may have to quit the game due to injury. Poor sod.

Essex stuttering towards a second defeat of the CC season too...

Not really an Essex story any more, but there are reports that Tymal Mills may have to quit the game due to injury. Poor sod.

Essex stuttering towards a second defeat of the CC season too...

We could be bottom of both the CC and T20 by close of play................

Dave Masters going off to play for New Zealand is not helping

:omg: EVEN Leicestershire!!!! "Leicestershire win their first County Championship game in almost three years as they beat Essex by six wickets." Probably just as well we don't have to rely on ECCC for success this year! :smile:

Grayson survived that 20 all out a couple of years ago. He'll probably survive this.

(Not that he should)

It must be bad, we've just made it on to BBC News :'(

Not sure how he can survive. This is bad enough, but to lose 4 out of the 1st 5 T20 games is criminal. I think the committee at Essex set a big store on that comp, and to be effectively out of it by the end of May won't go down very well.

Grayson at the start of the season "We have a stronger side than last season" ... right okay mate!:blush:

Good result Friday and despite our poor start I’moptimistic in the t20. We have the talent in that format, Ravi is the deathbowler we have lacked, we have several big hitting batsmen who can provide gamewinning knocks, Tait is a great wicket taker. I think Topley will come good,would probably drop Masters to strengthen our batting, he’s not the player hewas and RTD and Jesse aren’t getting any overs. The positives have convinced meto put £20 on us at 20/1 for the t20.

Cracking night on Friday - would have been better if they could have served beers a little quicker though.

Perfect result in that Essex won, but we also got to see some wonderful stuff from Sangakkara. What a man.

Last edited:
Good result Friday and despite our poor start I’moptimistic in the t20. We have the talent in that format, Ravi is the deathbowler we have lacked, we have several big hitting batsmen who can provide gamewinning knocks, Tait is a great wicket taker. I think Topley will come good,would probably drop Masters to strengthen our batting, he’s not the player hewas and RTD and Jesse aren’t getting any overs. The positives have convinced meto put £20 on us at 20/1 for the t20.
I was at the game against Somerset, and he cost us the game by dropping a straightforward catch of Gayle at 3rd man. To compound that, the ball then trickled over the rope for 4, and he proceeded to hit the next 2 balls for 6. never seen a game change so dramatically on 1 ball.

Was great to watch Gayle bat, he was different class.:Worthy:

Cracking night on Friday - would have been better if they could have served beers a little quicker though.

Perfect result in that Essex won, but we also got to see some wonderful stuff from Sangakkara. What a man.

My favourite moment from Sanga was when he just dropped it between three fielders for a two. Such class. Any more or less on the shot and it would have been just a single.

Back