• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex 2017 (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah a good start to the season, but a tough one up next away to Sussex, who i believe are the pre-season favourites.

it's great to have cricket back. i couldn't make it to the game so i have the boys on the radio and we sounded like we did pretty well, let's keep it up.

wish we had a spinner though

A real rollercoaster of a ride for Essex today, a horrid morning, at one stage Sussex were 165-2, & it looked all but done and dusted.
We faired better in the afternoon reducing it to 242-9. Final score at the end of the 3rd day, Sussex 282-9 with Essex trailing by 322 runs.
Hoping the final day tomorrow will be a belter & we can bat alot more consistantly than our 1st innings of 320. It's certainly "do-able".

Yep, I think we've got the batting to get them and their bowling Isn't great.

The Northants opener took 282 off of them last week!

it's great to have cricket back. i couldn't make it to the game so i have the boys on the radio and we sounded like we did pretty well, let's keep it up.

wish we had a spinner though

We do, Ashar Zaidi. How good he'll be I don't know but he was player of the tournament in the Bangladesh premier league and a few big manes played there

Saw a young lad, Aron Nijjar, against the Aussies last year and they had a strong team out.

He acquitted himself well, I thought.

Yep, I think we've got the batting to get them and their bowling Isn't great.

The Northants opener took 282 off of them last week!

We have capable batsmen but it is a pitch on it's 4th day, will be a big achievement if we get over the line. Looking forward to todays play

Agreed, but 4th day pitches this stage of the season are pretty flat.

Fancy Cooky to lead us home!

Me too.

I shall have my eye on espncricinfo throughout the day.

Saw a young lad, Aron Nijjar, against the Aussies last year and they had a strong team out.

He acquitted himself well, I thought.

Yeah I was at that game, solid performance. Finished last season well when he was given a chance too

Yep, once the pitches dry out and wear a bit, he could be a good option with Zaidi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back